Question for Paxton Guys

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question for all of you guys running Paxtons, actually my builder does. For those that don't know who my builder is its Doug Levin. The guy has built some badass rides (youtube - DLM).

Ok, here is the question. He is thinking of engineering a new pulley and belt system for the Paxton. Basically he wants to run a seperate belt and pulley system for the Paxton. You would run the stock belt for the motor and a seperate one for the Paxton. Benefits: No more alignment issues. If you throw the belt you could still drive her home. Easy to change belt. Run a smaller pulley for more boost (15-17 psi approx maybe more) with no belt slip. He running this by the Paxton Vipers and ask me to get some feed back from you guys before he starts R&D.

Thanks,

Alex

Great idea! Im in, just went through a belt throwing deal. Had to have my son bring a trailer to get home. Still trying to find the problem everything looks good seems to run straight. No wear on edges of belt replaced all the Paxton pulleys hope it was just a bad belt.:dontknow:

That's a "no brainer" ALex. I'm definitely in!!!!

I have that set up on the other truck and it's way better than what I had before. 8rib belt 7" crank pulley and a 2.7" blower pulley, the only problem is I need to get a better tensioner I can still get some slip with a gatorback belt.

Let me know if any pics would help even know it's a 5.9L

Ok I spoke with Doug today, and it looks like he maybe moving forward with this project :rock: . I'll keep you guys posted.

LitemUp said:
Ok I spoke with Doug today, and it looks like he maybe moving forward with this project :rock: . I'll keep you guys posted.

I would be interested in this as well :rock:

Sounds cool, post up plenty of pics as this build comes along:rock:

if you are getting pulleys made from scratch, I'd go with a sprocket and ribbed belt to eliminate slippage!

~mike~

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back