Question for the Cali guys

Yeah man for 40 bucks each you are 100% guaranteed to pass visual and you can just weld the fakes in instead of having a flanged section of test pipe. If you're a boss you could run all 4 fake but if you still have to do a sniffer text I wouldn't and just run high flows up front so you can pass. Do these trucks have an 02 sensor after the rear cats too or just the front ones?

They just have the 2 air/fuel o2 sensors before cats and then 2 o2 sensors after first set of cats but nothing after the second set of cats thats why if you just weld o2 bungs in and keep running the o2 sensors you dont get a check engine line. some people even zip tie them and rarely see CEL

They just have the 2 air/fuel o2 sensors before cats and then 2 o2 sensors after first set of cats but nothing after the second set of cats thats why if you just weld o2 bungs in and keep running the o2 sensors you dont get a check engine line. some people even zip tie them and rarely see CEL

Yeah I didn't think they would have sensors after the second set of cats. So you can run with no cats and it still won't throw a code as long as it's hooked up?

Yeah I didn't think they would have sensors after the second set of cats. So you can run with no cats and it still won't throw a code as long as it's hooked up?

It wont throw a code right away but it might throw it eventually. If you have a SCT tuner you can have them turn the downstream sensors off though.

I think Im gonna end up ordering a set of those fake cats and get a buddy to put some bolt on brackets on each end like the cats have. That was when I do the sniffer all I have to do is a quick cat swap and Im good. The rear O2 sensors wont be an issue, I have a few O2 bungs laying around I can weld in so I dont have to deal with the CEL possibly coming on.

I think Im gonna end up ordering a set of those fake cats and get a buddy to put some bolt on brackets on each end like the cats have. That was when I do the sniffer all I have to do is a quick cat swap and Im good. The rear O2 sensors wont be an issue, I have a few O2 bungs laying around I can weld in so I dont have to deal with the CEL possibly coming on.

cool deal bud. Make sure you post up some pictures. Id like to see how real those cats end up looking under there

Will do, Im gonna order them tonight. Just have to measure the exhaust at the rear cats to make sure its 3" before I order. The guy that had this truck before me was an idiot so I dont trust what "should" be there.

Will do, Im gonna order them tonight. Just have to measure the exhaust at the rear cats to make sure its 3" before I order. The guy that had this truck before me was an idiot so I dont trust what "should" be there.

They sell it in 2" 2.25" 2.5" and 3" so they will have whatever size you need. are you getting 2 or 4 of them? I would weld in two in the rear and not worry about them ever again. Then flange a section in the front where your stock cats used to be and use the fake cats but keep the stock ones laying around so you can use them for your sniffer test. Stock cats should pass no problem even without the rears on.

The stock exhaust i believe is 2.5" so if your just doing a direct fit you would need 2.5". How ever you could get the 3" and use an adaptor. I redid my exhaust from the header flange all the way back and used 3" but i have no cats at all in mine. Just 2 mufflers and a xpipe

I was told my exhaust was replaced prior to me getting it with all 3" pipe. Gotta measure to be sure though.

Code:
I was told my exhaust was replaced prior to me getting it with all 3" pipe. Gotta measure to be sure though.

So the question isn't if he's an idiot but whether or not he's a liar, I like to take people at their word and I think you probably have 3" like he said but you never know...

Man some people just suck...:chain:

but if the cats are stock(which im sure they are) that side will be 2.5" forsure. You probley have 3" from the cat back. So long as the exhaust is 3" though id get the 3" fake cats too. bigger is better with these trucks

Code:

So the question isn't if he's an idiot but whether or not he's a liar, I like to take people at their word and I think you probably have 3" like he said but you never know...

Man some people just suck...:chain:

He definitly was an idiot. I have fixed a bunch of stuff on this truck since I got it. One example, he installed a power cap, 2 12" subs, a 1000 watt sub amp, and a mids/highs amp. Problem is the power cap was just thrown under the drivers seat and shorted out all the time. Took me a few times to figure out what it was cause I just kept hearing a popping sound. Reason I figured it out was because it shorted really good one time and the carpet burnt a little.

Sounds pretty bitchin too. I have 3" full exhaust with a 3" x-pipe and 2 round magnaflow 3" mufflers. Pretty loud but a very nice loud

I was thinking of going catless but I would love to hear your truck first, that way I know what to expect.

I was thinking of going catless but I would love to hear your truck first, that way I know what to expect.

Next time your in Orange County let me know. Tranny is messing up so i dont drive it but i can start it up anytime lol I also have the resources out here to get it done for ya without a hassle

Next time your in Orange County let me know. Tranny is messing up so i dont drive it but i can start it up anytime lol I also have the resources out here to get it done for ya without a hassle

I will hit you up if I am around the area. I might be around there this weekend.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back