Question on Battery Box install

guyrobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a JMB CAI, I recently purchased a passenger side battery box,
(off a member here) I want to install the battery box (to use my storage box also purchased off a member here)
Do I need to remove the CAI before I install the B Box, or is there some trick I am missing? :confused:
Thanks in advance :)

Guy, I am a little confused...are you relocating the battery to the right rear of the vehicle? JMB sells a mod to do that (works nicely!) if so you should not have to worry about the CAI at all...

Roy

Prof said:
Guy, I am a little confused...are you relocating the battery to the right rear of the vehicle? JMB sells a mod to do that (works nicely!) if so you should not have to worry about the CAI at all...

Roy

Roy he is talking about the passenger side...from looking at pictures it looks like it should just bolt in..someone with a JMB should chime in soon..........Guy are you sure you have the passenger side box?

It does bolt in,you will not have to remove the JMB cai,but you will have to remove the fender liner to bolt the box in.

Brat said:
It does bolt in,you will not have to remove the JMB cai,but you will have to remove the fender liner to bolt the box in.
I didn't. There are only three bolts that hold it in. Two at the top edge of the box and fender and one that goes through the bottom of the box into the battery tray. Leave the battery tray in the truck. The box fits into it. I have both the box and the JMB CAI and they play together just fine.

Attachments

• P1030060.JPG
    P1030060.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
I didn't. There are only three bolts that hold it in. Two at the top edge of the box and fender and one that goes through the bottom of the box into the battery tray. Leave the battery tray in the truck. The box fits into it. I have both the box and the JMB CAI and they play together just fine.
You are correct about the box,but he is installing the tray first,and to do that the fender liner will have to come down .

Brat said:
You are correct about the box,but he is installing the tray first,and to do that the fender liner will have to come down .
10-4, I didn't catch that part.:itsme:
I see now where he did talk separately about the battery box and storage box. I just assumed the battery tray was already there.

Last edited:
Brat said:
Bingo,
I was struggeling for an hour yesterday, trying to get the battery tray in first,
before I install the box, Thanks for the tip.
I knew someone would have a quick and correct answer :rock: .
How long would you estimate to drop and reinstall the fender liner?

guyrobert said:
Bingo,
I was struggeling for an hour yesterday, trying to get the battery tray in first,
before I install the box, Thanks for the tip.
I knew someone would have a quick and correct answer :rock: .
How long would you estimate to drop and reinstall the fender liner?
I would say a half hour at most.

I have one of these battery boxes and it was a simple bolt in. Nothing had to be moved or removed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back