Question on finding a good lowering kit

05SRT-10Quad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have not posted (or visited the site) in a LOOOOONG time (nearly 3 years!) but still got my SRT-10:)

Got a question for you guys, what is a good kit or way to lower my truck? I do use it for towing (open car trailer) from time to time so I need a kit that can accommodate that as far as tongue weight, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
I have the same concern. I just figured I wouldn't lower it, since I keep hearing these stories about vibration, wheel rubbing, etc.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll have to send Stinker a PM.

BTW any links to the concerns NorCal SRT-10 is speaking of?

I know Tony has talked of the 06 models having vibration problems, let me speak with him and see what he suggest, I got your pm sir and will respond soon.

thank you:)

MYTRAM said:
Does he have an '06? His sig says '05.
She just wants to confirm with Tony, that the '05 dont have the same vibration problem that the '06 has.

BTW, what vibration problem are you guys talking about? Because my truck has had an "unbalanced" tire vibration since it was brand new. Dealer tried rebalancing the tires and no luck.

Thanks.

05SRT-10Quad said:
Hello all, I have not posted (or visited the site) in a LOOOOONG time (nearly 3 years!) but still got my SRT-10:)

Got a question for you guys, what is a good kit or way to lower my truck? I do use it for towing (open car trailer) from time to time so I need a kit that can accommodate that as far as tongue weight, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

It depends on how low you want the truck.

he gave me these solutions to give you.

1. add shackles to the rear, it will drop it about 1-1.5 inches

2. add shackles to the rear, remove the overload spring, this will bring it level but you would need to add air bags for towing

3. add shackles, remove overload, add air bags, install RC springs on the front.
the RC springs are about an inch lower in the front, same spring rate, it would leave you with a small amount of rake to the front.

4. the extreme lowering kit we offer he said is not really what you need, it may work with air bags for towing, and would most likley work, but not suggested.

05SRT-10Quad said:
BTW, what vibration problem are you guys talking about? Because my truck has had an "unbalanced" tire vibration since it was brand new. Dealer tried rebalancing the tires and no luck.

Thanks.
The 06 models have a vibration issue when lowered because of driveline angle.
We do not suggest our extreme kit for an 06 model due to this vibration issue.

On 06 models that want to lower this is the suggestion.

RC front springs, shackles, remove the overload spring in the rear, keep the oem shocks.

Stinkers BOSS said:
The 06 models have a vibration issue when lowered because of driveline angle.
We do not suggest our extreme kit for an 06 model due to this vibration issue.

On 06 models that want to lower this is the suggestion.

RC front springs, shackles, remove the overload spring in the rear, keep the oem shocks.

Are the shackles mentioned here the ones that drop the truck up to an inch and a half? Would added airbags still allow for some towing? Or maybe those helper bars that go above the leaf springs?
G_15972G_CL_1.jpg

If this is the case then I'm gonna find me some RC front springs and pull out that overload spring. I gotta get lower!

Tony the little devil had made it on our home computer that I thought I had changed the password on and has talked with someone about 06 models and lowering.

Now all I can tell you is tony has done suspension work since before I met him.

Now he suggest the RC springs, they are about an Inch lower than the QC springs and about the same spring rate.
then remove the overload, and add shackles, but to tow you would need an air bag set up.

i will ask him about an air bag set up after he quits crying about me scolding him:)

but I think we just sent a set to Hashash in Egypt and I think the cost was $240 area but I will need to check on it.

He did mention that as far as he knows this has not been tried, but he can also get the custom springs such as in his kit say an inch or so taller than the ones for the RC kit but they are costly springs compared to finding oem RC springs someone dont need.

I will be back in a bit, time to cook dinner:)

05SRT-10Quad said:

Thanks.

Had the same problem until I got rid of the pirellis.

idk if the 10's came with the wieghts on the frame from the MDS system to keep the truck from vibrating(since it is on a 2500 frame) while only half the motor is running but u might look under there and see if they came with the wieghts on the frame that might be the problem idk jus a thought :dontknow:

i'm gonna try it , Stinker is going to send a set RC springs to me in a few.
should be a couple of weeks before its here and installed...:rock:

Stinkers BOSS said:
It depends on how low you want the truck.

he gave me these solutions to give you.

1. add shackles to the rear, it will drop it about 1-1.5 inches

2. add shackles to the rear, remove the overload spring, this will bring it level but you would need to add air bags for towing

3. add shackles, remove overload, add air bags, install RC springs on the front.
the RC springs are about an inch lower in the front, same spring rate, it would leave you with a small amount of rake to the front.

4. the extreme lowering kit we offer he said is not really what you need, it may work with air bags for towing, and would most likley work, but not suggested.

Thanks for the suggestions! I might consider option 1 with RC springs up front.

Alexspop, thanks for the response. I had a feeling the Pirellis might be the problem. My truck only has 10K miles so it will take me a while to get new tires.

Sammy11 said:
i'm gonna try it , Stinker is going to send a set RC springs to me in a few.
should be a couple of weeks before its here and installed...:rock:

Are you going to remove the rear overload spring and add the shackles also? Can't wait to see how it goes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back