Question on Hitch capability

JimTeTe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question Guys

My truck is in storage or I would just crawl underneath it and check.

For towing capability ...

I remember seeing the wiring in the back has a plug for trailer lighting.

Is there a receiver behind the rear cover under the cover cutout? or is there hardware to install a receiver. I never really paid attention to it because I wasn't going to tow with the truck.

Any help appreciated ........ Thanks

Jim

nothing behind the cover. You have to install a hitch

I found this one after doing some searches on the forum. I still haven't ordered it.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COAWB6?colid=1KUUT3ZKU9BAA&coliid=IB9ATGEFEPI4U&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COAWB6?colid=1KUUT3ZKU9BAA&coliid=IB9ATGEFEPI4U&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl[/ame]

That's the same hitch I got.Once you pull the bumper cover it's pretty easy to install.
You may have to do a very small amount of trimming on the bumper cover or it may bow out slightly. It's up underneath and is not visible. Worth the extra attention to detail to make it a perfect fit.

yep. that's the right one, jim.

i can install it blindfolded lol
call me if you have any questions.
also, run some blue tape above the rear cladding before you remove them. you could scratch the bedsides when taking them off and reinstalling them.

yep. that's the right one, jim.

i can install it blindfolded lol
call me if you have any questions.
also, run some blue tape above the rear cladding before you remove them. you could scratch the bedsides when taking them off and reinstalling them.

well come install mine. I've had one for almost 2 years (no hardware though).

I installed the factory hitch from Dodge. I'll second the usage of blue tape when removing the rear wheel cladding. No trimming necessary of rear cover.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back