Question on QC Shift Feel

Stinker said:
Kinda tired right now but will post instructions tommorrow, but basically if you lay under the truck head front feet rear under tranny, look at the drivers side find the shift cable and fluid lines, jsut above the fluid lines you will see a stud kickin out of the tranny with a lock bolt, the other is inside the tranny much easier to get to , just service the tranny with a new filter and you will easily see the band adjuster.

but what you do is loosen the lock nut, tight down the adjuster bolt to a specified torque , then back it off a number of rounds, then tighten lock nut.

done ,, easy

I will take time to post a thread tommorrow with detailed instructions, if I dont ....someone kick me in the nutts and wake me up:D

And commencing the kicking NOW....:boxing: :banghead: :slug: :thefinger:

Mine shifted very hard 1-2 at sea-level when I bought it at Woodhouse in Nebraska, once I brought it up to 5200ft in elevation, not only did I loose 20% in power, it would just barley chirp every now and then on the first to second shift, that all changed when I installed the DC Stage II kit, it will lay about 1ft of rubber bettween shifts, cold out just turns into tire spin into second gear..

I know it does not do what a shift kit would, however it made huge improvements on the shifting and overall performance of the truck, with currently 2700 miles on the truck, with DC stage II and Magnaflow exhaust, 30 degree weather = tire smoke from 20, 30 punches and I have to get out of it at the top of second.

Since I am at this elevation, I am happy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back