Question

2004ram1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok im trying to do a bunch of re-search on 10's before i get one. my plan is to add either a charger or turbo. NOW that being said im curious to know whats the better bang for buck? its between Roe & Paxton Chargers. OR an sts turbo system. I know ill have to build the motor and get a good tune also. but need some advice and opinions from you guys. or should i just run to JMB And Stinker? I just started my own business and plan on a 10 SHORTLY. Any advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Stay away from the STS. From what I remember reading on the forum, most (or all) except for one person has managed to run it without killing the motor.

If you want tire shredding torque on the street go Roe.....if building for the strip go with a ProCharger......Turbo from JMB if you have deep pockets....

hope you got deep pockets :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i think anyone of the power adders would be great !

Roe - tony TT setup -JMB single turbo or Pro charger setup or NOS :D

just make sure not to take any short cuts and really talk to your builder and both of you understand what you want out of your truck

just my Option

stay away from JHP ( Henessey Performance )

Ya i def want it to be a street beast sence the local track CAN NOT prep for crap. but like i said it will probly be a weekend warrior and ill take it to g2g's if you have any up this way

what ever you decide...have a reputable tuner at hand. these engines are temperamental:p

no such thing as bang for the buck with the srt 10...unless you buy one thats already done..

you should buy ricks truck..Giving it away for h

im actually trying again on a truck here in NH. silver RC. 38k miles for 19k. gunna try to get them down to 17 and drop 3k..... hope it works

OR you could buy a 10 that already has a blower, that usually runs around 1,000,000,000. But i know where one could be had for 27,000.... Then you do an inframe for 3,500 and with a good tune your in the 700 hp range.

Sounds like a winner, where do we sign ;)

If you are going with a power adder, start at the bottom end. You will eventually have to do it...better to do it at the front end rather than rebuild a blown engine.

Forge your bottom end...rods, pistons, billet mains...

Go with what your budget can handle...for the street, the Roe or a ProCharger...for the strip Paxton or Twin Turbos from Venom Performance.

SCT will be required as will a great tuner...and there are, in my opinion only about four really good tuners for our trucks.

You can do most of what you want to do for $20k...but it will probably be closer to $35k before you are finished. Do lots of reading here before you start, and begin with the end in mind. Know exactly what you want your machine to be and don't do anything that does not move you toward your goal.

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks again prof. i figured on starting with the motor anyway. trust me ill be doing a ton of re-search if and when this happens:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back