Questions about painting under hood

HDGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen pics where people have painted the "viper powered" logo that is in the hood insulation on the underside of the hood. I would like to do the same with mine but I need to know the best way to do it. At first I thought brushing it on would be the way to go because it would be a nightmare to mask off for spray paint, but now I am wondering if I brush it on will it "bleed" into the fabric or will it keep a crisp edge? Any info is much appreciated.

try the search feature,there is lotsa' info on this...i brushed mine on using wife's fabric paints:D

I pulled my hood liner out so I could paint it on the dining room table. Hey! we eat out all the time so it's used very little. I went to Walmart and bought fabric paint and some brushes. It took a couple coats because the paint will sink in. Once I got it looking the way I wanted, I reinstalled it.

I agree...Remove tabs & liner...On dining room table :D I used what they
call a paint stick...Like a marker but actual paint comes out...Will not fade
And heat will not damage it...Easy to do and looks good...Good luck...:rock:

I used a piece of coat hanger bent into a "U" shape. Slip it under the tabs and pull them out. Install in reverse order.

I used the same thing 04 did...paint sticks...took about seven coats. Really liked the results. However it is hanging in the garage now that I have the Mopar CAI installed

IMG_5752.jpg

I plan on doing this soon.

After i bought the truck, I noticed the liner was bulging a bit.. there was a couple handfulls of dog food in there. Something mustve had a nice home in there.

SANCHOBA said:
try the search feature,there is lotsa' info on this...i brushed mine on using wife's fabric paints:D

Scott, Are you back from CR yet??:dontknow:

Got some more photos for me?? I am leaving for Panama in 4 weeks, I so can't wait!!:eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back