Questions and making sure

ViperSmokedYou

Reaction score
So starting to have promblems with the truck and from what I have read they are very common

-Oil Cooler lines started leaking so I bought the Oil Cooler lines from JTSV Performance. Life time warranty cant beat that gladly pay 40 bucks over the the dealer.
-Clutch is starting to go looking at the centerforce with ugraded hydraulics and flywheel from Roe proformance. Is this the right choice I dont want to come back and have to replace an OEM at 30,000 which what my truck is at now.
-Transmisson fluid needs to be changed read I should use ATF. I drive in warm weather California never snows. Best brand and weight.

I know you guys get pretty mad when people dont read post but I have I'm just making sure on what I need to do and get because opinions and problems occur over the years. Thanks all for your help in advanced.

Sounds like you have it covered. Any quality ATF should work. Many OEM clutches have lasted 100k miles. Clutch life is 100% dependent on driving style.

Cool thank you. I dont drive her hard mostly on ramps I might hit 100 but other then that never a hard take off no drag strips, might race a honda or 2 every once in a while from a roll on the highway. I just smelt it coming up a hill coming up to the base so I'm thinking its getting ready to go here pretty soon.
Quick question though I heard the centerforce had a chatter to them is this normal Caveman?

I smelt it coming on to base its usually a traffic jam coming on to base stop and go and people like to be on your ass pretty good so engaging and dissengage the clutch about 50 times in about a quater mile and its also on a hill

Quick question though I heard the centerforce had a chatter to them is this normal Caveman?

I am on the stock clutch. I have read that it is important to follow Centerforce's break in procedure. However, the same could be said for any OEM replacement.

I smelt it coming on to base its usually a traffic jam coming on to base stop and go and people like to be on your ass pretty good so engaging and dissengage the clutch about 50 times in about a quater mile and its also on a hill

Try bleeding it and changing the fluid

Yea I dont know who had it before me it only had 19000 on it so I dont know if the break in procedure was followed Caveman.
DoWurk I try that let ya know how it goes.
Thanks for your help guys

Change the fluid when you can, I went to Mobil 1 Syn ATF and it shifts a ton better but it is a little louder, with a good exhaust it's not a problem!!

got every thing installed and changed the tranny fluid with Redline and wow what a difference thanks for the advice saved me over 2 grand:rock:

Feels like brand new doesn't it?

got every thing installed and changed the tranny fluid with Redline and wow what a difference thanks for the advice saved me over 2 grand:rock:

Which clutch did you decide on? Does it "grab" noticeably different?

Which clutch did you decide on? Does it "grab" noticeably different?

It looks like he only flushed and bled the hydraulics and changed the transmission fluid, no clutch replacement.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back