questions bout steerin

Streetgliderx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now i know this thing is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY newer than anyhting i ever owned and i am acustomed to 80ish chevys on 35"s and there steerin... mine is touchy touchy.... its so tender its almost unnerving.... But under acceleration you almost need 2 hands to hold this thing... does this loosen up or do i need to be under here lookin for something??? or am i just drivin a "new" truck and need to learn what new feels like?

Streetgliderx said:
now i know this thing is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY newer than anyhting i ever owned and i am acustomed to 80ish chevys on 35"s and there steerin... mine is touchy touchy.... its so tender its almost unnerving.... But under acceleration you almost need 2 hands to hold this thing... does this loosen up or do i need to be under here lookin for something??? or am i just drivin a "new" truck and need to learn what new feels like?
I'm guessing your still running the stock Pirelli's. They're junk. Start by changing out your foundation. I and some others are running the General Grabber UHP's and they're a day and night difference from stock. They don't dart all over the place. In fact they are rock solid. And they don't hydroplane like the stock tires.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'm guessing your still running the stock Pirelli's. They're junk. Start by changing out your foundation. I and some others are running the General Grabber UHP's and they're a day and night difference from stock. They don't dart all over the place. In fact they are rock solid. And they don't hydroplane like the stock tires.

DART!!!! yep thats what i got!!!!!

first thing first, check you tire pressure, make sure its around 32-35psi, then have the alignment checked by a professional, not by the dealer, or a quicky mart , but a pro, you pay for what you get,

I am betting your toe in is offf, that usually leads to dartyness on the hwy

Streetgliderx said:
DART!!!! yep thats what i got!!!!!

Got rid of that by dropping 2lbs in the front and 4lbs in the back, remember the tire pressuers listed are for a fully loaded truck

i run 35lbs in front and 30lbs in rear.... and even tho the truck is unaltered is there a chance the alignment is off???

Streetgliderx said:
i run 35lbs in front and 30lbs in rear.... and even tho the truck is unaltered is there a chance the alignment is off???

yessir , they are off when they roll off the truck at the dealership, ;)

min was a crazy amount off when i picked my truck up at the dealership

My alignment was also off quite a bit from new. Problem was finding a good alignment guy then finding one that can rack up a lowered SRT10. :rock:

also, what you might not be used to is the amount of force required to drive with a 305 up front, it is a wider tire than 99% of most production vehicles have up front and if your not used to it, it does take some getting used to. for the size of the tire stock they do an excellent job. I would equate these to goodyears tires they put on all the LS1's with 17's for the quality, a great stock tire, but there is better out there. the major downfall is that they do read ruts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back