Questions on a 2006 QC with 90,000 miles.

JustinRamSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have recently been looking at a 2006 QC truck that I wanted to get that has just about 90,000 miles. Is there any mechanical issues that I should be aware of with that many miles? I just don't want to be afraid all the time that the engine may have a severe failure. If I do get it, is there anything I can do to be proactive so that this doesn't happen?:dontknow: Thanks for the help!

I have one with 135k, one previous owner. I have all the service records and carfax service record of the truck. Get as much info on the truck as you can, then make your determination. My .02

Check the oil cooler lines and power steering lines, prone to leaking.

Last edited:
There's an 06 QC with 140k miles on a fresh engine/trans somewhat close to me for 13k:D I don't need it but for the money thought about checking it out!:D

There's an 06 QC with 140k miles on a fresh engine/trans somewhat close to me for 13k:D I don't need it but for the money thought about checking it out!:D

PM me that info if you aren't going to jump on it. Pleeeease!!! :D

TRANNY would be my first thingy to check. Unless the tranny has had a major overhaul or never driven hard (yeah, right) then the tranny is always suspect. Add about 6 to 7k onto the price for a "fixed" tranny and you got a good start. :rock:

I would check the compression on the engine. As mentioned before, get all the maintenance records that you can. Mine is a daily driver & has 93,000, but all but 20,000 miles I put on it. I would go for one with less miles, but still do all of your homework no matter how many miles. You don't want to buy someone else's problem & have to start throwing $$$$ at it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back