Questions on mods.

BAD-RC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know all this is probably a repost but I didn't want to spend the rest of the night going through post after post. Anyway I'm looking at buying a drop kit. So I really need to know who makes the best drop kit especially when comparing price? Next is the short shifter, B&M or metal X? and last for now is traction bars JMB or stinker.

thanks, David

Lowering Kit - Stinker
Short Shifter - B&M (Stinker)
Traction Bars - :dontknow: :eek: Not sure.... I would say "CAL-TRAC" .... But, not sure who sells them. :confused: :)

Stinker has a great drop kit that I highly recommend.:rock:

The Cal-Tracs help a little,if I had it to do over though,I wouldn't buy them.

JMB Justin and Stinker both have the Cal-Tracs and Justin has an additional clamp set to work with Cal-Tracs as well as his own traction kit.He also has the sway bar end link kits for better handling.

Stinker (and maybe Justin ?) have the urethane sway bar bushings.

You can't go wrong with either vendor.Both are great people and have excellent reputations for customer service.:congrats: :rock:

Either shifter is better than stock.Place a post in the "WANTED" section and you might save some $$$$$$$$
If buying new,the B&M is a better bargain (I don't know if the Gen 10 X-Metal shifters are still available)

Last edited:
HOT RAM said:
JMB Justin and Stinker both have the Cal-Tracs and Justin has an additional clamp set to work with Cal-Tracs as well as his own traction kit.He also has the sway bar end link kits for better handling.

\Either shifter is better than stock.Place a post in the "WANTED" section and you might save some $$$$$$$$
If buying new,the B&M is a better bargain (I don't know if the Gen 10 X-Metal shifters are still available)

Yup..............caltracs didnt really give me much more traction but, the back end does not swing out at all anymore. And that is a huge deal IMO. My truck use to get silly slideways!!!!

I have the orginal x metal shifter...........I would pick up a used one cheap or just get the bm one. The stocker is truly a POS!!!!

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Yup..............caltracs didnt really give me much more traction but, the back end does not swing out at all anymore. And that is a huge deal IMO. My truck use to get silly slideways!!!!

I have the orginal x metal shifter...........I would pick up a used one cheap or just get the bm one. The stocker is truly a POS!!!!

patrick

+1 to that, didn't gain any traction, but launches straight now.

jsut for the info, I do sell the caltracs a little cheaper than they do , I jsut cannnot advertise any price lower than theres;)

and I think I can still get the b and m's for $250 plus a little shipping

Thank you guys alot i hope to be getting on this soon. I got a lotta work to do before may

Opps, my error (one of many I make)...you are perfect then!

Stinker---- Drop Kit

Stinker ----- Forum (Used "Post in Wanted") or Stinker

Stinker ----- Cal-Trac

Stinker ------ Hood (thought I would thropw that one in there):D

HOT RAM said:
Ditch the wing and gain 100 HP guaranteed :D :D :D :D :D
tempting but i'm kinda fond of it. It got me out of movin my buddy this weekend. I fibbed and told him that i didn't know how to remove it.

BAD-RC said:
tempting but i'm kinda fond of it. It got me out of movin my buddy this weekend. I fibbed and told him that i didn't know how to remove it.

I liked it until I took it off

I like the overall look of the truck better now

They all look good,either way ;)

Dont listen to the wingless members....they are like wingless piss ants....unable to escape from their own piss...........BTW..welcome to the collective...:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back