Questions That Are Asked Alot

5_0_BAIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To The Powers That Be (in the forum world);)

I have been apart of the forum for a short time now and have noticed a need for something.

Is there anyway to make a thread that stays at the beginning of the performance section (sticky I guess) that has a poll / polls of what the current members use or like in aspect to tires, plugs, plug wires, exhaust, and CAI???

I really think this would help newbies and oldies that are looking for something different or a replacement. This would give immediate access to alot of info that seems to be posted alot.

I think the poll format would make it easy to see what members like what and what setup they have for said item.

Just a thought......what do you think :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:

5_0_BAIT said:
To The Powers That Be (in the forum world);)

I have been apart of the forum for a short time now and have noticed a need for something.

Is there anyway to make a thread that stays at the beginning of the performance section (sticky I guess) that has a poll / polls of what the current members use or like in aspect to tires, plugs, plug wires, exhaust, and CAI???

I really think this would help newbies and oldies that are looking for something different or a replacement. This would give immediate access to alot of info that seems to be posted alot.

I think the poll format would make it easy to see what members like what and what setup they have for said item.

Just a thought......what do you think :questionmark: :questionmark: :questionmark:

You do a search for some of this stuff and you end up with 2 hours of research. With info that changes over the years. Then when you ask for clarification, you look like an ass for asking such a common knowledge question. I vote yes!

What you are requesting is a sticky for FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

Good idea.....

D

Yep D that it. I thought it would be nice if the FAQ was in the form of a few polls. That way it would be easily understood and wouldn't require hours of research and sifting through info.

I PM'd FSTJACK about it. We will see what he says.

Any way I could get this started or is it something that has to be setup by the admins??

JeffBoyette said:
You do a search for some of this stuff and you end up with 2 hours of research. With info that changes over the years. Then when you ask for clarification, you look like an ass for asking such a common knowledge question. I vote yes!

This is where we (those that have been around for a while) need to understand that even though a question has be asked and answered........ to have a bit a patience and answer the question again. As we have new owners, some that have never used a message board before, we may need to offer that firm handshake and offer our help without contempt

just my .02 worth

Jeff

ViperJeff said:
This is where we (those that have been around for a while) need to understand that even though a question has be asked and answered........ to have a bit a patience and answer the question again. As we have new owners, some that have never used a message board before, we may need to offer that firm handshake and offer our help without contempt

just my .02 worth

Jeff

Jeffe, I feel what you're saying about this.

But just for the record: I've explained and provided answers to the same questions many times without ANY "contempt" whatsoever....

Perhaps the word "patient", "gracious" or "considerate" are more of what yer looking for.

Tim

Just to be clear.

I have no problem answering questions about the 10. I am still a newbie and ask tons of questions. What I am trying to accomplish is a poll type layout to get the info easily.

Example:
I personally don't need tires now. I will need tires in the next year. I would love to know what tires everyone is using. Currently their is a thread about it that is quite long. If said thread was at the top and organized in some sort of way (say a poll) then I will not have to ask and wait for everyone to post up what kind of tires they are using. See what I mean???

It isn't to discourage questions, just to make it easier and more readily available to find!

Again I totally agree with Jeff. I think I have alot of patience and love to help my fellow 10 owners anyway I can. Just thought it might make it easier for newbies and oldies to fins frequent info faster.

Oh and thanks Big Dave. I am gonna see what I can come up with!

I agree a good idea. Just need a new section under Viper truck SRT-10 Discussion on the main page called Frequently Asked Questions. That way there isnt a bunch of stickys everywhere.

JeffBoyette said:

For the record, I have the ability to make myself look like an ass :dontknow: without asking anything.

Sounds good to me. But should it be a priv. for paid members much like the DIY? Might be a nice perk.......IMO

GriffsSRT said:
Sounds good to me. But should it be a priv. for paid members much like the DIY? Might be a nice perk.......IMO

im playing devils advocate on this one...so bare with me. By doing that, to a newcomer it almost seems like they have no choice but to pay to find out common information. They will ask a question and people wont answer them with the answer but they will get, you have to pay and you can find out the answer. see what i mean? sometimes im not good at putting my thoughts into words....

Back