questions??

Hueyguy626

Reaction score
so i have 2 trucks in my sights at this time..one being sold by car max that my buddy works at and has driven..its bone stock with 20k ish miles on it the other is from texas imports with 16k miles on it and has been supercharged..
both are around the same price.. should i go with the one that has been unmolested or the one that has been supercharged.. both are nice an clean but the charged one it more appealing to me...:confused:

If you intend (and can afford) to forge the bottom end soon after purchase go with the SC....otherwise stick with the stock truck...

TNVIPER said:
If you intend (and can afford) to forge the bottom end soon after purchase go with the SC....otherwise stick with the stock truck...

:dito:

how much would forging be???? if it is like 2,3 grand then i would still be ahead of the game because the charger is already installed.. or who knows maybe it has already been done// or should i but the supercharged one with the lower miles pull the charger sell it and get some nice mild upgrades like headers cold and intake and pipes??? how much would a used super charger be worth???

Hueyguy626 said:
how much would forging be???? if it is like 2,3 grand then i would still be ahead of the game because the charger is already installed.. or who knows maybe it has already been done// or should i but the supercharged one with the lower miles pull the charger sell it and get some nice mild upgrades like headers cold and intake and pipes??? how much would a used super charger be worth???

LOL...just the parts would be close to $3K......even if you are going to sell the SC you should have the engine checked out throughly...have a leak down test done......you dont know how this thing has been treated.......the blower will bring $3K-5K

It's a Paxton. If the previous owner kept it 7psi, then it should be fine.

Hueyguy626 said:
a rebuild on a viper engine starts around 7k most 10k and above, I dont think you can rebuild a briggs and straton any more for 2-3 grand

its a viper you are looking to purchase, not a ford, not a chevy, nissan, or any other, they built very few of any of the viper engines thus parts and labor are a bit higher than most anything else, its called a viper tax, you purchase one, you end up paying the tax.
simple bolt ons, shift, BM no longer makes, headers, very few keep them on the shelf anymore, exhaust cat backs, not cheap.
be prepared, this isnt your fathers hemi

What type of supercharger does it have would be my first question. 2nd would be to see if the dealer has contact information from the previous owner so that you could call him and ask him a few questions. 3rd as mentioned before have a leak down test done to it as well as a compression test to make sure the engine is sound. I would definetly look into the supercharged truck before going with the stocker.

it has a paxton novi but dont know much else.. they said they cant release the previous owners info to me. but would find out and i havent heard any thing from them yet

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
its a viper you are looking to purchase, not a ford, not a chevy, nissan, or any other, they built very few of any of the viper engines thus parts and labor are a bit higher than most anything else, its called a viper tax, you purchase one, you end up paying the tax.
simple bolt ons, shift, BM no longer makes, headers, very few keep them on the shelf anymore, exhaust cat backs, not cheap.
be prepared, this isnt your fathers hemi
Don't have anywhere near a ton of money. Shop smart and learn how to work on it yourself. It's very easy to work on and u can find great deals on used parts on here, the other forum and eBay.

Honestly I would buy an 06' RC NR for 24k with 16,xxxmiles with tons of mods!!!:dontknow: :D

TNVIPER said:
Right here is the best deal anywhere right now....:rock:

I'm still shocked it hasn't sold yet:dontknow: We'll see how this week goes with my discounted price:)

If I wanted black and could live without a jump seat, I'd buy this one (kyle's)! It is a good deal and the mods are tastefully done.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back