quick question

jeff_from_jeffco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place. all these truck came with an a pillar gauge for oil temp if im not mistaken?....

ARE they like a dummy gauge?

my problem is mine never moves, but i don't have a cel so i would think that the sensor is working (provided this isn't a dummy gauge) and the gauge may just be broke. but i mean it sits at 180 degrees all day and is still there in the morning after the truck has been parked for 8+ hours. not like it moves up and stays there it just sits there.

The gauge is most likely junk. They are known to fail.

With key on or running tap on gauge face With your finger and see if it returns and works. Did it to mine twice but still going 95k miles later :)

those are really cool, but i want something thats gonna be plug and play that i don't really have to fool with much. just got it don't wanna tear it all apart...... yet :)....

well i would like to put an air-fuel gauge in its place, but not sure what all that intales, and if the o2 snsr they give would throw a cel.

p.s. sorry i work for a warranty company i abbreviate alot :(

Last edited:
There is a company that makes exact gauges to match trans temp in almost any kinda gauge you want called speed hut JTSVP can order them for you. There site does not show them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back