Quick Question...

VenomTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need my spark plugs changed, dont have time to tackle it myself, plugs have never been changed and truck is feeling sluggish. 80k miles. Dealer wants 230 for new plugs installed, I know its kindve a pain in the ass to change em but 230?? Is this reasonable? Id love to do it myself, but I just simply dont have the time.

bring your truck up here and a case of beer and we'll do it;)

you need to do the coil packs and wires, too...

if i remember, the service schedule is every 30k for plugs and 60k for coils??

The time it takes you to drop it off and pick it up you could have done it yourself bro
Quit bein lazy

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Dont have time, I wouldnt even be the one dropping the truck off. But back to the question, whats a fair price for someone to replace plugs? Im not doing wires and coils either, waste of money in my book.

Hell no on coil packs unless you like watching money disappear with nothing to show:(
Wires are a great idea, but will last 50-60k miles easy. New plugs are easy and you should tackle it. I don't see why a small shop couldn't do it but why have someone that knows less than you about our Viper engines touch it? :dontknow:
Plugs are around $20 so you're paying them over $100/hr to change your plugs. It can take 2 hours but that's stretching it. :rock:
I agree, bring it to another member and y'all have a plug swap party and drink beer afterwards. Not during, lmfao:chain:

Dont have time, I wouldnt even be the one dropping the truck off. But back to the question, whats a fair price for someone to replace plugs? Im not doing wires and coils either, waste of money in my book.

$175 tops bro unless they are indexing the plugs. :burnout:

in 122k miles I've only replaced the spark plugs and wires. Only replaced wires because they were dry rotted and fell apart when the dealership removed them. Otherwise would have reused them.

Ok I gotta place that can do it for 150 using stock plugs, gonna go with that. Thanks fellas

No way in hell you're getting a set of 80k mile wires to come off them plugs without breaking....plan on a set of wires just so its not down if they do break them, can always return them if not needed

No way in hell you're getting a set of 80k mile wires to come off them plugs without breaking....plan on a set of wires just so its not down if they do break them, can always return them if not needed

Actually I read this and ran outside real quick and looked at the wires, they look like new-ish mopar wires. The thing is the wires and plugs may have been changed right before I bought the truck, but I have no way of knowing for sure. So I am changing the plugs for now and will have some wires just in case. Im having a strange sputtering kinda sound in my exhaust (at idle) and a lot of condensation, which leads me to think that one or more of my plugs arent burning everything off.

Actually I read this and ran outside real quick and looked at the wires, they look like new-ish mopar wires. The thing is the wires and plugs may have been changed right before I bought the truck, but I have no way of knowing for sure. So I am changing the plugs for now and will have some wires just in case. Im having a strange sputtering kinda sound in my exhaust (at idle) and a lot of condensation, which leads me to think that one or more of my plugs arent burning everything off.

If you are uncomfortable , change them out. easy job but don't pull on the wire to free the boot from the plug! they will tear and you will then have to remove the intake to change the plug wires. get a good quality sparkplug boot pliers and pull on the boot with a twisting motion. Condensation is a product of combustion,so there will always be water coming from your exhaust pipe so long as the engine is running!! just how much water depends on how hot the exhaust is ! water , mostly, at idle only.

True about the condensation, just seems like more than normal lately. But what in the hell could be causing the "puffing" sound? My exhaust itself sounds great, and Im not experiencing any other issues/noises/power loss/etc. Just that annoying sound when my truck is at idle. It could be an exhaust issue, but Im on my 5th exhaust setup now and its done it with every setup. I had a very experienced viper guy who we all know listen to it and the first and only thing he said was "change your plugs" Basically one is fouled up and not firing to its full potential and thats what making the stupid puffing sound.

Last edited:
make sure your plug wire firing order is correct. Has the wires ever been replaced?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back