QUICK QUESTION!!

mikeH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im being told that when installing the Bassani headers, that we are to use both the stock gaskets, ALONG WITH the metal gaskets....??? Does this sound right?? Two gaskets?? They said because of the imperfect surface? Well then why wouldnt i ONLY install the darn paper ones??

Because i have new paper ones along with the new metal ones...i just think its weird to have to install both sets together...dont make sense lol

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

Never heard of using both, but the stock metal gaskets by far are the better choice. I'm sure once the animals here wake up and have their coffee, someone else more knowledgable will chime in, lol.;)

Will

Hey guys, im being told that when installing the Bassani headers, that we are to use both the stock gaskets, ALONG WITH the metal gaskets....??? Does this sound right?? Two gaskets?? They said because of the imperfect surface? Well then why wouldnt i ONLY install the darn paper ones??

I have Bassani headers and the paper will blow. Go with the metal and all will be well.

Mopar Multi layer metal gaskets only here! Learned about those paper gaskets the hard way, lol. Tick,tick, tick, lmfao.
And to Shorty, you have Belangers, not Bassani ;)

And to Shorty, you have Belangers, not Bassani ;)[/QUOTE]

Duh, tying fingers faster than the brain. :confused:

I have some mls copper gaskets that I bought from summit racing (44 bucks). 3 years and 40k later no issues.

Even the stupid Bassani instructions say to use both? I think in just going to use the metal ones...but I would like to see if anyone had read/tried using both of them...very curious now...

I would suggest only the stock metals. Your curiousity will have you doing the job again. And if i may make one more suggestion , make time to check the bolts after a couple thousand miles. 3 of mine had backed out. The metal only needed retorquing.

Just to be clear get a new set of the factory metal gaskets. The originals will most likely fall apart when you take off the stock manifold.

Don't use the paper gaskets the Mopar ones are much better. You will be fine with them.

just remember which hole had which number of stock gaskets, mine had different number of gaskets on some of them. once back on worked great.:rock:

Attachments

• VIPER TRUCK 002.jpg
    VIPER TRUCK 002.jpg
    330.4 KB · Views: 17
You can't go wrong with stock period! I do recommend running a drill through the holes with the bolt grabbing edges inside the hole. They make threading those bolts in hell!! ;)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back