Quick ? regarding JTSVP oil cooler lines

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install looks pretty straightforward... but, I do not have a 1 1/4" open end wrench to remove the old lines. I do have a 1" socket to install the new fittings into the oil cooler and block bosses.

Can I carefully use a monkey/crescent wrench to remove the old lines, or do I need to go try and find a 1 1/4" wrench to do the job correctly?

Thx

Sockets make it easier , with less chance of damage :rock:;)

Last edited:
I don't see how you can get a socket on the old fitting to remove them. I plan to use sockets to install the new fittings. But to remove the stock lines/fittings, some sort of open end wrench needs to be used, from what I can tell.

This will be done on my next oil change...which should help keep the mess down a little.

Thanks for the help.

ok on the oem lines you will see a black plastic ring right at the connector, slide it back, it will reveal a c clip of sorts, remove that clip, then the actual line will slide out of the fitting, leaving just the fitting to where you can put a socket on it

ok on the oem lines you will see a black plastic ring right at the connector, slide it back, it will reveal a c clip of sorts, remove that clip, then the actual line will slide out of the fitting, leaving just the fitting to where you can put a socket on it

Ok, gotcha. I was just going to forego the clip removal and just use a wrench on the fitting. Although after getting up under there today and looking around (changed oil), I decided to wait and get the correct wrench... or now, the socket. Since the upper fitting on the block sits at an angle and there are other sensors adjacent to it, indeed the socket would be the best way to go. In fact, I doubt using a crescent wrench would work at all.

I'll get it next time. Right now, I have no sign of leaks from oil lines or PS lines, but I have yours ready to go.

Thank you, Tony.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back