Quote for powder coating vette rims , this sound right ?

Viper7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a Quote today for powder coating my Stock vette rims. ( well a set of 2000 vette rims)

Called 3 places,

cheapest place was 75-100 a wheel
highest was 200 a wheel

Thats included sandblasting,, does that sound right ?

Im thinking of going to Lowes getting some leveling sand, the fine grain, buying a sandblasting gun and have at it, I love to get the eastwoods powder coating gun but dont have a garage to do the curing in. So im thinking of sandblasting the wheels and then have somone powder coat them, might bring the price down some.

Later down the road i allso want to do my truck rims in Satin black, but ouch, if they quote me that much for 17-18 inch rims, lord i wonder what 22's cost.

If you've never sand blasted anything, be sure you know what your getting into. It would be a lot cheaper and a HELL of a lot easier claen up to pay to have them do it, trust someone who has spent many hours on the bidness end of a sand blast gun...besides, then if something doesn't work out, you have but one neck to choke, they can't blame you for the prep...

I have sandblasted a pair of vaule covers before, but the sand i was using had bigger rocks in it, and kept clogging up my gun. They turned out ok , better then i thought, The truck rims im thinking get them professionaly done, the Vette rims ehh, its a daily driver, not really looking for prefection. They are going to get chiped probally anyhow.

Reason im trying to keep the cost down on the vette rims is i can buy a new set for around 800,, so im trying to convience myself go cheaper, more money i save the more i can spend in my truck yah \!!! :D

Paid around 100 per wheel, included the sandblasting.

I'm guessing its different pricing around the country, supply and demand baby! Here I got quoted $350 for my intake manifold, and somewhere right around that for the valve covers as well. I figure I was getting a new hole ripped into me....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back