Quote on dealership maintenance

CaptSmee

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

So I need to get new calipers, brake pads, and rotors for my front 2 wheels. The local Chrysler Dodge dealership gave me a quote of roughly $2500 to get this done.

This sounds like a load of BS to me. I intend on asking for a full detailed quote broken down on why they want to charge so much.

From all of your professional opinions what should I be looking at for cost?

It's a 2006 regular cab

You can do that stuff on your own, or at least buy the parts yourself and then find a good shop to install. $2500 is a lot!

You aren't too far from me and I can do that for at the very least half of what that quote is.

The front rotors are so big it takes two people to install them, and a little Viper Tax and 10 people in the shop that have never seen one and there you go.

Ya price is very high calipers are 466 a piece pad kit 105 and rotors are 139 a piece so that 1315 for it all and those are all oem parts from a dealer so they wanna charge you 1200 for labor for two brake kits no thanks

Way too high. Buy the reman calipers from RockAuto for less than $100 a piece (after core return). They also have a good selection of rotors/pads.

Rubuild your existing calipers ($50 in parts) then source rotors, pads from Zeckhausen. I'd go ahead and install new SS brake lines. Independent shop would charge less than $500 in labor.

Think I'da BITCH slapped the service manager and left!! That price is insulting !!! They think every viper engine owner has more money than brains! That is only for the Car guys !. not the truck guys!! :D

Yeah I took my truck to a different shop where I know the owner so the truck is just going to remain there until I either buy the lets for him to do or 2 have someone else do it. I will contact the people in this thread who said they were local thanks for the reply a guys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back