Racing fuel

badassvpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What octane do you guys use with torries race tune???????????
just figure I would ask before I turn it on and blow it up!

91,93 and the other just says racing fuel. I emailed him

87? How does the truck run on 87? And how is the mileage? Might do that for mine if it's worth it.

87? How does the truck run on 87? And how is the mileage? Might do that for mine if it's worth it.

runs great. I've been using mine in the winter and since the city uses sand and doesnt send the plows out until 3 weeks after it snows its a bitch to drive sometimes. So i talked to torrie about a tune that will 1. fuel economy and 2. help me out to control the truck. So he dropped the timing down so it allows the truck to run on 87 octane without causing knock. At the same time it also took maybe 50-100hp away so it makes the truck alot more controlable on ice/snow. But even with the power loss, truck still feels better...the throttle reponse is amazing.

As for MPG, i noticed if you put the fuel economy tune on and still run 91 octane, you will get better MPG, i got 19.9/100km (11.8mpg) but since gas prices are going through the roof i decided to stick to 87 octane...so with the tune +300lbs of sand in the back and 20" steelies my fuel economy is at 26.7/100km (8.8mpg). Since the snow is melting i took 200lbs out and it went to 26.2/100km (8.9mpg)

So yea, since the truck is being driven in the winter and theres no need for all that power, its defently worth it. Once the summer roles around the only time ill use this tune is if i go on long trips. But for now, its perfect in the winter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back