Radiator Peeling?

ViperCLKGTR

Reaction score
Where the radiator bolts to the body the black paint is flaking off. Is it ok to peel it all off and it not rust? I'm fine with it being bare but don't want it turning orange or some crap.

I believe they're aluminum. Do the magnet check and peel the rear off and have shiny brackets :)

Here's mine..!

Mine peeled so I took the rest of the black off. Its shiny, but needs a little buffing..!

Attachments

• polished bracket.jpg
    polished bracket.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I've seen many peeling but all were shiny underneath. Never seen rust on one so if its not alum maybe stainless? :burnout:

Seems to be a common problem then. It's like it's not adhered to it or something?

Good thing I can peel it off it's annoys the crap out of me.... now to get a radiator comb.

Seems to be a common problem then. It's like it's not adhered to it or something?

Good thing I can peel it off it's annoys the crap out of me.... now to get a radiator comb.

So is it magnetic? Lol
I gotta go see soon its making me wonder? Lol

:drool::drool::drool::drool::rock::rock::rock::rock::burnout:

I'll try to get better pics, the flash made them look really light............Reflected off clear coat.....

No I was refering to the paint not sticking to the metal ha

I was really wondering if it was aluminum as I've never seen a rusty one. I went out and confirmed yesterday they are indeed aluminum ;)
Polish em, paint em, dip em, powdercoat em :burnout:
Lotsa options

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back