Ram SRT 10 Named one of the most fun for $25k By C&D!

I heard about this article coming out. Just did not know what the story was going to be. Love the part were they could not find any regular problems with the clutch!

The clutch was probably Chrysler's endeavor to keep drivers from driving them as hard as they were meant to be driven. Why else would they use weak parts and plastic materials..?

VenomPower, I just noticed the "Carbon Fiber Hood" in your signature. You got any pics? Sorry for hoing!

EMT/SRT said:
VenomPower, I just noticed the "Carbon Fiber Hood" in your signature. You got any pics? Sorry for hoing!

The hood is with a custom painter at this time fulfilling my secret plans...... The raised portion will remain CF and fanged out. The rest of the hood will be silver. As SOON as it's done and installed pics will be everywhere... But I had it on the truck yesterday and noticed the OEM hood shocks are an overkill now because the hood is THAT much lighter..:D

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock: :rock: :rock:

1qksrt said:
Your not alone there!!!!:D

That's why I think that article from C&D is so damn unfair. Many of us bought in when the price was still over sticker, and now they are coming out with this article telling others "Hey, these are about $25k and they are sooo fun.." That's BULL!!

well i hate to toot my horn :p ,but i got mine from a dealer in chgicago with 22,000 on it for 24000 ,,and 900 ebay coupon that i bought headers with ,,,
i think i could have sqeezed another 2000 grand off if i was not so hungery to get it lol,,

my plan is to drive the shit out of one i got hen find one with low milage to store it ,,,unless i get sucked into getting a challenger ,,i had a 72 way back when and i hear it calling my name when i look at one :burnout:

This quote is classic! It's from the original article when they tested one new.

"Fuel mileage? With high-test still less than $2 per gallon and OPEC on the ropes, who the hell cares?” —Brock Yates, IBID.

Now a days who doesn't care. Funny stuff right there.

Though my truck's value to me is irrelevant, because it would take a lot more than kelly blue book to get me to sell it at the moment, it breaks my heart to know that you can get them for 25 now. lol

Halligan said:
Though my truck's value to me is irrelevant, because it would take a lot more than kelly blue book to get me to sell it at the moment, it breaks my heart to know that you can get them for 25 now. lol
WOW, a voice of reason! There are many elements to pricing in a "USED" car market. I sold cars at an Infiniti dealer for three years. Many salesmen LOVED the used car lot, why? you may ask. Because it is more difficult to "shop" a used car. Each one is an individual signature. Mileage, condition, color, mods. care and maintainance, etc. now, factor more into the equation. ALL cars drop in value off the lot. (even the exotics) It boils down to motivation, on either side. Motivated to BUY or motivated to SELL. It still is fantastic to see interest in these vehicles, in print, long after production has ceased. :) PS anytime someone writes ..."these trucks dropped in value".... or something like that, you should read it as...."the entire auto industy dropped in value"... even the inexpensive imports that get great mileage are offered with incentives or discounts.....

Last edited:
Well I will admit I got mine for under $25,000. Actually I traded my car for it but that's besides the point as my car was only $24,000 new and had 36,000 on it. But I couldn't be happier. It's a hell of a lot of car for $25,000 considering I've seen these engines being sold for $12,000 with as many miles that are on mine. I'm just happy to have it, and I think these trucks are worth more than they're going for. Gas prices have just ripped down their value. I think in the long haul though they'll come back out of it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back