Ram SRT10 world record

Sometimes, it’s all about checking the right option boxes. Taking the lightest Ram pickup available, the stripped-out ST, click on the 383 hp 5.7L Hemi, add in a limited-slip differential and a 3.92 rear-end, and keep the paint scheme flame-red in homage to the Lil’ Red Express.

In the mid-1960s Dodge went for a sporty look with the Custom Sport Special, an appearance package that added racing stripes, chrome bumpers, buckets and a console to the pickup of their choice. That included the slant six or 318 V-8 engine, but a handful of buyers between 1963 and 1966 checked another box for the High Performance Package. The truck was then fitted with the 365-hp 426 Street Wedge engine complete with the same chrome engine accessories the 426 cars received. The original muscle truck received other go-fast modifications such as dual exhaust, an upgraded gauge cluster with a Sun tachometer and torque rods, a traction-bar-like arrangement sourced from Imperial. Reportedly, approximately 50 were produced; and maybe that's not surprising given the package raised the truck's price by nearly half.

It's still our record to anyone who is intelligent. I have talked to people (mostly kid lightning owners) who tell me the lightning is the fastest they don't care what Guinness says. People will just tend to believe what is convenient for themselves I guess. :dontknow:

Lightnings are not faster, it's just people who drive Fords just have an acceptance problem.

In the mid-1960s Dodge went for a sporty look with the Custom Sport Special, an appearance package that added racing stripes, chrome bumpers, buckets and a console to the pickup of their choice. That included the slant six or 318 V-8 engine, but a handful of buyers between 1963 and 1966 checked another box for the High Performance Package. The truck was then fitted with the 365-hp 426 Street Wedge engine complete with the same chrome engine accessories the 426 cars received. The original muscle truck received other go-fast modifications such as dual exhaust, an upgraded gauge cluster with a Sun tachometer and torque rods, a traction-bar-like arrangement sourced from Imperial. Reportedly, approximately 50 were produced; and maybe that's not surprising given the package raised the truck's price by nearly half.

AWESOME!! So are Imperials! :rock:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dod...ved=0ahUKEwicgLiB2o_NAhVIHGMKHZgSCesQ_AUIBigB

This is off topic but here is a true piece of yesteryear's beauty. I would trade my Queen for one of these as long as it was stock.

Attachments

• 1960 power wagon.jpg
    1960 power wagon.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back