Ramfromhell Dyno/Tune in Kirkland Friday!

BurntRubber said:
gonna have to throw alot of nitrous, because its tough to get over 900rwhp out of a paxton...thats assuming a 522 built proline and in a viper which has less drivetrain loss. I could see around 1100 at the wheels with that big of a shot...how are you going to stop the belt from slipping?

PS...you still have the Merlin engine Eric?

he says its modified....maybe got a cog pulley setup....:dontknow:

just listened to that video again ram put up.......that paxton whines really loud.....my 04' with a paxton sounded nothing like that. i bet its got a cog system.

Paxton

Actually I'm still using the serp belt. I prepped the Paxton drive pulley very well, as another member here virtually eliminated belt slip by breaking the glaze on the belt surface with a wire wheel. I am also using a custom overdrive pulley on the crank (Begood has #1 of 2 made). Additionally, there should be less resistance on the blower due to the increased flow (and subsequent reduced pressure) through the intake and heads. The other Paxton/Striker combo I know of saw a drop of 2psi when switching to the Striker heads. If my thinking is correct, I should be getting the same volumetric efficiency at 8psi as stock heads at 10psi, but with a cooler charge. The air intake system has been replaced by the DC Performance package, which nets on average 7rwhp by itself. The heat exchanger system has been upgraded with gear I bought from X-Vendor, which all but erases the effects of heat soak.

Nitrous

I'm holding off on the spray this time around. I have not had the time to do the installation (it's not a simple system to start with, and I've made it even more complex with the NOS progressive system with AFR control) due to vacation and other family and/or business stuff. I think it's wise to start big then go bigger anyway, since I've never run the truck down the track. Plus, if that engine blew on the dyno under spray before I had a chance to race it, I'd be hella depressed.;)

yeah...we dont want to blow that puppy now....id be half tempted to drink a half a bottle of johnny walker and swallow a hand full a bars:p .

Ram From Hell said:
Paxton

Actually I'm still using the serp belt. I prepped the Paxton drive pulley very well, as another member here virtually eliminated belt slip by breaking the glaze on the belt surface with a wire wheel. I am also using a custom overdrive pulley on the crank (Begood has #1 of 2 made). Additionally, there should be less resistance on the blower due to the increased flow (and subsequent reduced pressure) through the intake and heads. The other Paxton/Striker combo I know of saw a drop of 2psi when switching to the Striker heads. If my thinking is correct, I should be getting the same volumetric efficiency at 8psi as stock heads at 10psi, but with a cooler charge. The air intake system has been replaced by the DC Performance package, which nets on average 7rwhp by itself. The heat exchanger system has been upgraded with gear I bought from X-Vendor, which all but erases the effects of heat soak.

Nitrous

I'm holding off on the spray this time around. I have not had the time to do the installation (it's not a simple system to start with, and I've made it even more complex with the NOS progressive system with AFR control) due to vacation and other family and/or business stuff. I think it's wise to start big then go bigger anyway, since I've never run the truck down the track. Plus, if that engine blew on the dyno under spray before I had a chance to race it, I'd be hella depressed.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back