ran a new Carerra S

droptail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Malibu Canyon this aft from a roll. He tried to snake me from the right lane cause it merges into 1. Ain't gonna happen, I don't care what I'm lined up against. Quick little sucker. Pretty dead even till I hit my rev limit in 2nd gear. Man these fall on their face when that happens, there is no recovery. For all he knows I backed off, (I had my girlfriend in the truck and she was freaking a little. She has a right to, I've taken her onto the track at CA Speedway in my other truck, it was pretty rough on her, unintensionally. She waited until I was going to come in and ralphed thru the helmet and out the window). I usually do better from a 2nd gear roll, or higher. First is just too darn low with my gearing. He will think twice against one of these beasts again.

Last edited:
Yeh, I hate loosing, couldn't quite get it out.

Last edited:
droptail said:
She has a right to, I've taken her onto the track at CA Speedway in my other truck, it was pretty rough on her, unintensionally. She waited until I was going to come in and ralphed thru the helmet and out the window.
Win or lose, that's pretty funny!:rofl: :laugh: :hahaha: :puke:

droptail said:
In Malibu Canyon this aft from a roll. He tried to snake me from the right lane cause it merges into 1. Ain't gonna happen, I don't care what I'm lined up against. Quick little sucker. Pretty dead even till I hit my rev limit in 2nd gear. Man these fall on their face when that happens, there is no recovery. For all he knows I backed off, (I had my girlfriend in the truck and she was freaking a little. She has a right to, I've taken her onto the track at CA Speedway in my other truck, it was pretty rough on her, unintensionally. She waited until I was going to come in and ralphed thru the helmet and out the window). I usually do better from a 2nd gear roll, or higher. First is just too darn low with my gearing. He will think twice against one of these beasts again.

I had a similar incident regarding the barfing at Hastings. It was on friday when we arrived at the track. I rode in my friends '96 Cobra (he's an instructor) to get an idea of the track (cost extra for me if I wanted to take my truck out since it wasnt an official HPDE event that day). I had not eaten all day and it was hot. By the 3rd time around the track I was telling him to slow down or else I'm gonna :puke: . Mind you I was restrained by 5 point harnesses and a face shield over my helmet. Thank god I didnt cause it would have no place to go except in his car or on me...I couldnt release those straps fast enough and open the door if it would have happened. Being a passenger sucks.

BWRrear-2.jpg
Not 1 response when posted on the "other " board, whats with that?

Last edited:
You were probably spinning in second which caused the rpms to spin up way too fast.......with those 4.88's, that happens quite frequently to me.

Still a good story.....make the Porsche guy work hard to get out front.....no free lunches dude!!! LOL

patrick

Easiest way to beat a 911(996 997) is to lane creep... they'll back down <evil grin> :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back