Ran my best 1/8 mile run tonight

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the local 1/8 mile track tonight with my bud and his son. His son has never been to a drag strip before he lives in the Cayman's with his mom. We decided to take him since he will be going back to the Cayman's on Sunday, and I took the beast not thinking I was going to get any good runs since the temps earlier in the day reached to 101 according to my t-stat on my truck. I left work early cause I wanted to change my oil before hitting the track since I already had 3400 miles since my last oil change. So I got to the track and swapped the street tires for the slicks (they were at about 17 psi) temp was 87 degrees according to my tstat. I get in line and line up against a ford mustang fox body with slicks and skinnies. I drive thru the water box and do my burn out :burnout: which was pretty sucky :( , but I kicked his ass and got my best time so far:rock:. I would a credit my new best time to the new bigger heat exchanger and pump for the intercooler.

60ft - 1.864
1/8 mile - 8.128
Trap mph - 89.8

oh I forgot to mention that I spun the tires off the launch. I figure that with that ET and trap speed I should be in the 12.0 to 12.2 range. I can't wait until fall when the weather starts cooling down some.

Last edited:
Sounds like a you all had a good time! Conrats on your best times :rock:

You should have a tenth left in that 60'......Sounds like you gonna be in the 7's easy in cooler weather.:rock:

FATJACK said:
What, me worry??? Just another Florida member that won't come to Panama City

You are kind of lucky that way....Like TN members that didnt buy DRs...:p :D .....I will be back...:burnout: :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back