Ran my quad cab not happy

jaybusa1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to raceway park last Friday and ran my truck was not happy with the results i ran 13.20 at 105.The truck ran a 13.50 stock cant believe that i only picked up 2 tenths by doing exhaust no cats,cold air intake,throttle body and a tune.I ran my wife's mothers day gift and ran a 12.90 at 110 stock. I guess i need to be doing mods to her car instead lol

It's hard to compare times, DA could be much different now. And that could make a pretty big difference. Was it the same track?

Went to raceway park last Friday and ran my truck was not happy with the results i ran 13.20 at 105.The truck ran a 13.50 stock cant believe that i only picked up 2 tenths by doing exhaust no cats,cold air intake,throttle body and a tune.I ran my wife's mothers day gift and ran a 12.90 at 110 stock. I guess i need to be doing mods to her car instead lol

13.5 stock in a qc is haulin ass.. I dont think there is many if any out there that can lay claim to those numbers..

I know the rc has run 12.9 stock my best stock was 13.3 at 108

How was your launch off the line ?? was it humid/hot. was that your only run of the night.

need to know what your 60ft, 1/8th mile ET/MPH and 1/4 mile ET/MPH for the 2 runs your comparing, the dates and time would be helpful too. 13.5 would be one of the fastest stock QC's out there. also yoru truck may have already had a re-flassed pcm if you bought it used.

ohhh, and what were you running for your wife?

my 60 was 1.972,330 5.611 1/8 8.559 at 82.88 and i did run at 2 different tracks my wife's car is a 2011 mustang. just thought i would be in the 12s

Give up now and mod the stang :D

That is what i was thinking don't get me wrong i love my truck and would never get rid of it.I think i am going to get a converter from tony and call it a day and see then if i can get my 12

Right, 3 tenths. Is that what the QC should be running with those mods?

Apple to Oranges.

The stang will cost less to mod and run faster. But like everyone says, they are all over the place.

The truck is just cool.

If it is something fast and cheap you want, the decision is pretty clear to me. :dontknow:

just saying...i don't know...i'd be happy with that...

i picked up 5 tenths at the track...in the 1/8th...so i'm school girl giddy right now...

I'm happy as hell when I pick up 1/100 th:D, I just went from 11.98 to 11.97:rock:

Your 60 is better than anything I've ever done! Your 1/8 as well, seems to have fallen off after the 1/8th though. You are 2/10 faster and 1 mph faster than me and if I put stickies on I expect to be right where you are. I want 12.9 with a passion!
Nice times and be proud.A stall would be a wise investment.

Are you running headers?

Thanks i guess from what you guys are saying its running good but just wanted to see a 12 something and i am not running headers.I think i am going to run this Friday again just to see if i can do better i left the line from idle and truck did not spin at all so i want to try to stall it up a bit and leave harder. I set my pinion angle pretty aggressive when i lowered it and it hooks pretty good we will have to see.

shit....i wish mine was that fast....once i get my new tune and im still slow im parting out the truck.....

What should the shift points be set at. The tune that i have in their the truck is shifting at 5,500

I could easily stall to 1500 at the line but spin thru the 1/8 when I was auto. With slicks and that factory stall I can see a 1.7-1.8 60ft.
I have no headers either and never plan to. Powdercoatef manifolds it will be for me. I bet you can get 12.9-13 as well

Most have shift points around 5950 and rev limit 6050. I have seen on dyno max torque around 5500 so that's a fair shift point.

I was consistent 13.9@99 bone stock!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back