Random lights

Snake_Charmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a random event. Yesterday and today i was driving under normal conditions, not braking, and the abs/brake light came on for a second and then off. it happened once yesterday and once today. anyone ever had a similar event?

Do the above and also jack the front end up and spin your wheels. Feel for any roughness, vibration, roaring of your wheel bearings. These are in need of replacing at 50k miles or so depending on driving, front end alignment and curb checks. :burnout:

Ok will check the fluids in a bit. I did just rotate the tires this past weekend and noticed some odd roughness. the truck has 54k on it so...

Ok will check the fluids in a bit. I did just rotate the tires this past weekend and noticed some odd roughness. the truck has 54k on it so...

By odd roughness do you mean when turning the front wheels? Also was it hard to turn or just noisy when you turned it? Our trucks are notorious for brake calipers locking up (which can be rebuilt) or front wheel bearings going bad.

When i bought my ten used last year there was still a service bulletin on the wheel bearings... mine were replaced for free under this tsb....

By the way, not to confuse OP, the ABS sensor is in the hub assembly where bearing is and the heat, vibrating and harmonics if a bad bearing can cause the intermittent lights.

dealer said they don't cover this tsb free of charge.... I did find out that you get your cats replaced up to 80k miles for free though.. . if you are in one of those Communist states that make you have them.

My emergency brake light started coming on then off, but didn't pay much attention. But now it is happening more & more often. Service rep at dealership said a sensor needs to be replaced. As soon as I have time will take it in.

By odd roughness do you mean when turning the front wheels? Also was it hard to turn or just noisy when you turned it? Our trucks are notorious for brake calipers locking up (which can be rebuilt) or front wheel bearings going bad.

it is hard to turn sometimes. the roughness is more just a bouncing feeling like driving on a roughish road. 40mph the rear end bounces. also when I'm coming to a stop there is a slight clunk.

diagnosis is the front left brake is sticking. I flushed and transfered fluids gonna drive some to see if it frees up

anyone use BG brake fluid dot4

diagnosis is the front left brake is sticking. I flushed and transfered fluids gonna drive some to see if it frees up

I have never personally used BG brake fluid but have used it in customer cars, no issues. The fluid flush may work for a little while but you will most likely need to replace / rebuild that caliper.

I have never personally used BG brake fluid but have used it in customer cars, no issues. The fluid flush may work for a little while but you will most likely need to replace / rebuild that caliper.

OK Thanks i will put that on my to do list. anyone have a link to a trusted rebuild kit?

I can get you new Dodge Rebuild kit with pistons and seals sir if you're interested. We sell quite a few of these. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back