RATS IN MY ENGINE BAY....

SANCHOBA

TEXAS A&M DAD
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, after being away a month come home to find rat turds and fur all over my engine bay:mad: ( no damaged wiring though..... that i can see) we have trapped a few in the last couple of months. never had a problem before:dontknow: how do i keep them out? moth balls?

You know it's weird I here more about rats in these trucks than any vehicle?

As to keeping them out I have no idea? I would think traps by the tires would work?

so, after being away a month come home to find rat turds and fur all over my engine bay:mad: ( no damaged wiring though..... that i can see) we have trapped a few in the last couple of months. never had a problem before:dontknow: how do i keep them out? moth balls?

Someone just had this problem,They said they spread dryer sheets all around.:dontknow:

Spread moth balls all around the floor and under your truck. Keep some in the bag they come in and put that under the hood. That should keep them away. At least it works for me

i'll try the moth balls and these electronic rodent repelers ive' seen at lowes.

Just plain ol' mouse poison works well. Put a bait at each wheel and that should do the trick.

Stick the house cat out side! They will eat a rat every now and then! I never have rat problems, well I do have a local 112 sticker on my back glass! I have extra if you think it will help ;0)

Just plain ol' mouse poison works well. Put a bait at each wheel and that should do the trick.

i think they might be in my attic. if i poison them they will crawl up there and die,then i'll have a WORSE problem:(

i think they might be in my attic. if i poison them they will crawl up there and die,then i'll have a WORSE problem:(

I am pretty sure if you get the blue kind of poison, that they dont stink when they rot. It has something special in it.

One time, we needed an exterminator at one of our DQ's for mice, and thats what he put out. never saw another turd or sign of a mouse. No odors either.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back