RB4 NAV & TIME ISSUE

King Kong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning my battery connectors yesterday (really bad acid build up on the ground connector) anyway, after I reconnected the battery my RB4 won't show me the time anymore!!! It is an emtpy blue square now and no options or settings will bring it back...I disconnected and reconnected the battery this morning and that didn't fix it, then I noticed my compass was reversed on the RB4...you know north was south east was west, so I used the recalibration option in the NAV configurations and now I have no GPS signal at all!!!! Does anyone know what I did wrong? and how to fix? Do I need to disconnect the battery for a certain amount of time to properly reset? Any help is appreciated...thanks!

drive it a few miles it will reset mine does the same thing once it pops up set the time it may be off an hour but the mins will be right

okay, just seemed wierd, I've disconnected the battery dozens of times before and this hasn't happened. Well, I'm glad to see it's a common thing, I'll give it a few days and see what happens. Thanks!

yeah just make sure your not in a area that not blocked by trees

There is also a procedure you can do if your compass is wrong on the overhead. It is in the Manuel. You also need to put in the nav discs to made the direction change from red.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back