RB4 Problems - Might be Solved??

MRXSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 QC has a factory RB4 and from the time I bought it, the radio would occasionally reset to the bottom of the AM band, volume to zero, and neutralize the equalizer settings.

The dealership has done extensive trouble-shooting and have not found anything wrong electrically wrong so in three different instances, they have installed a referbished unit and yet the problem persists.

I just got my truck back and this time they did find a problem elsewhere. This is a quote from the job ticket - "Performed diag and found ign switch output on circuits F985 and F988 for ign.run/acc. Intermittantly dropping out. PCM is staying powered up on other circuits to keep engine running. When this happens all modules are loosing communications with PCM and some are resetting and radio is also resetting. Traced back to ign. switch in steering column. Not ign. start button. To pins 1 and 9 F985 and F988 circuits. Found ignition switch in steering column has intermittant internal failure. Burnt contact."

Apparently these RB4s are voltage sensitive and if there is a power surge/loss it can cause them to reset as described in the first paragraph.

I hope this helps others who are having to deal with issues with their RB4s.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back