Rc 1500 lowering springs???

Too soft!!!! Unless you like body roll and shitty handling characteristics, I'd stay away. They would also probably drop the front of a 10 by about 3 inches as far as I know. Someone may chime in and prove me wrong though....

I cant see any reason why not to use V8 lowering springs.

Hemi V8 weighs 590 lbs, Viper V10 500 lbs, considering the larger breaks and
maybe some other components they should be equal in weight on the front.

Maybe someone else will give better reasons to use specially made springs....:D

I cant see any reason why not to use V8 lowering springs.

Hemi V8 weighs 590 lbs, Viper V10 500 lbs, considering the larger breaks and
maybe some other components they should be equal in weight on the front.

Maybe someone else will give better reasons to use specially made springs....:D

Well the brakes are definitely not adding load to the suspension as they are not weight that is being supported by the suspension. Also it's not just about the weight of the engine, the spring rate of an SRT spring is greater than the spring rate of a regular Ram.

Engine weights are similar but the weight of our brakes, rotors , wheels/tires does affect the spring choice compared to a lighter suspension truck. It's not only the weight riding atop them but also how the suspension can take compression under bumps, turns, etc. The same height spring with a lesser spring weight will allow loose, sloppy suspension and steering reaction feel.

Drop springs

Well I know the suspension is tight but to drag it won't the loose springs give better weight transfer??? I'm planning on putting 18 " wheels with street slicks in the future.

Not this again.

I did a comparison of springs a while back. From oem , a vendors and belltech springs. Belltech had the highest spring rates of 800 lbs compared to srt10 specific springs which where like 720lbs i think. Both gave the same drop in the front but the belltechs out performed the vendors springs in every way. I didnt bottom out any more in the front. (Saved my 2nd set of wheel well liners) turn in response was great and a little firmer ride with reduced bumpsteer.

Ive tried a few different suspension set ups and right now i believe i have the perfect set up. Belltech springs with ridetech adj shocks with Hotchkiss swaybars. I love it.

Some else just recently got the same set up as me and loves it . Im not try to bash anyone products here. Its just common sense. Both trucks hemi and srt10 weigh almost the same. difference just like arska said is in the rims, rotors and calipers which are all unsprung weight.

Also for you qc guys. When doing the flip kit in the rear do not take out the overleaf springs. Over time the leafs will start to flatten out and you're handling will suffer for it very bad . Just fyi

Not this again.

I did a comparison of springs a while back. From oem , a vendors and belltech springs. Belltech had the highest spring rates of 800 lbs compared to srt10 specific springs which where like 720lbs i think. Both gave the same drop in the front but the belltechs out performed the vendors springs in every way. I didnt bottom out any more in the front. (Saved my 2nd set of wheel well liners) turn in response was great and a little firmer ride with reduced bumpsteer.

Ive tried a few different suspension set ups and right now i believe i have the perfect set up. Belltech springs with ridetech adj shocks with Hotchkiss swaybars. I love it.

Some else just recently got the same set up as me and loves it . Im not try to bash anyone products here. Its just common sense. Both trucks hemi and srt10 weigh almost the same. difference just like arska said is in the rims, rotors and calipers which are all unsprung weight.

Also for you qc guys. When doing the flip kit in the rear do not take out the overleaf springs. Over time the leafs will start to flatten out and you're handling will suffer for it very bad . Just fyi

Great information E! And you didn't even call anyone "guy"

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back