RC Rear Leaf Spring U-Bolt?

Venomous Ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just needed some advise. I have an 05" RC and the previous owner installed 2" lowering blocks onto the rear leaf springs and put the taller 45 series tires on the truck I think to fill in the wheel well gap. The truck runs and looks good, but the ride is very firm, and I dont like the way the rear seems to be wound up with no play or flex, with the bump stops rubbing.
My plan was to put the factory size tires back on and remove the 2" blocks from the rear in order to put back up to stock height and re-align it and go from there. I went to order new stock U-bolts/hardware from the dealer just to find out they have been discontinued.
Unsure what to do from here unless I go with JTSVP 1.5" blocks or smaller that come with hardware (just don't know how big of a differance that would make from the 2" blocks) and how the truck would sit, I do want a little rake in the look, but also want the truck to ride good. Thanks for any input...

Any of the off big off road shops in Phoenix can make you new u-bolts. It takes them about 5 minutes and they are inexpensive.

I just installed the JTSVP 1 3/4 blocks to level it out and have the OE u-bolts and hardware I think...If your going back to stock height let me know as I don't think I will need these anymore......

Tony (JTSVP) can and will make blocks in other sizes if you want. You would just have to call, email or PM him and discuss other options.

2" drop & the bump stops are touchin????

I also have an 05 RC, dropped rear with 2" blocks. On occaision would hit bumpstops with nothing in bed. Went with 1" blocks, no problem. I didnt have front dropped but do want a 1/2 drop. Have had 45 series tires & 40s, 45s have a softer ride but, I like the stance of the 40s. Will be doin a 1/2 drop in future, truck bed only see an occasional cooler or two & lawn chairs. Weight capability not important to me

2" drop & the bump stops are touchin????

When I got the truck, it looked like the right side stop was ripped in half. When I put the new bump stop in, it was a very tight fit and is rubbing.
The left side is not as bad but still a tight fit. The blocks are 2" inch, but I don't know who made them.

I have the 1"/2" drop on my 05 RC with no issues. I've had over 800lbs in the bed and sure I needed to go a bit slower but quite often have at least 300lbs in the back and pull a 1000-1500lb trailer. Again no issues...

When I got the truck, it looked like the right side stop was ripped in half. When I put the new bump stop in, it was a very tight fit and is rubbing.
The left side is not as bad but still a tight fit. The blocks are 2" inch, but I don't know who made them.

did ya go with the stock bumps????

that might be causin the rough/frim ride

did ya go with the stock bumps????

that might be causin the rough/frim ride

I did go with the stock bumps, I didn't know that they may make the bump stops in a differant size. But the rear kinda looks like its sitting a hair lower than the front. From what I read, thats what happens with 2" blocks.

Would going to the 1.5" blocks make a differance or put a little rake back in the look? There's not a whole lot of info on the 1.5" blocks, but everyone seems to like the 1.75" blocks to level the truck. Just didn't know if a 1/2 inch would make a differance.

Last edited:
I just installed the JTSVP 1 3/4 blocks to level it out and have the OE u-bolts and hardware I think...If your going back to stock height let me know as I don't think I will need these anymore......

I would be intrested, are they in good shape? Let me know, thanks...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back