RC vs QC ????

branr1

Reaction score
My wife would prefer if I bought a Quad Cab truck but she said it was up to me and I'm thinking I want a Regular Cab because of the 6 Speed Manual Tranny.

So my question is which is faster? How do the automatics hold up in the QC's?
How do the 6 Speed manuals hold up in the RC's?

What do you guys prefer?

Just for a little back ground I have owned a few Dodge trucks but never a SRT-10. I plan to buy my first SRT-10 in the next couple weeks. I live in Alaska and plan to have it shipped up here for a Summer toy.

The Dodge trucks I currently own
1. 2006 Mega Cab 3500 Cummins 6 Speed Laramie 4x4. 5" lift, 37" tires, TST Power Max Chip, Diamond Eye 5 inch exhaust, CFM Intake, AFE Stage 2 Air Filter, South Bend Clutch, Smarty Programmer.

2. 1998 RC 2500 Cummins Flat Bed 4x4. Custom Built 47RE auto tranny. 3 inch lift 37" tires, Edge Juice, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, Fass lift pump and some other mods

3. 1995 RC 1500 318 V8 4x4. Its my plow truck and its had a hard life but it keeps on plowing the driveway at the cabin.

All I can say is search search search... There is pages of info regarding this...

I personally like the 6-speed.

Stock vs. Stock = RC quicker. Throw a tune on the QC that deletes Torque Management and that makes things more equal but can shorten the life of the tranny. The 6 speed is fun to row through but if your too abusive you will kill the clutch. But the good news is that money can fix it.

Last edited:
wife knows best.....haven't you learned that by now:D Seriously though....auto tranny's flat out suck if you plan on using the truck how it was designed or as a DD....fortunately few upgrades for about $200 bucks will enhance the tranny dramtically and make it well worth your while......
However from what I've read on here manuals also have their downfall when using the truck how it was designed but I believe the parts for a good are upgrade are more expensive than auto....
Besides you already have a 6 spd you want to be shifting another truck??

My QC transmission shifts as hard as the day I bought it. It's really just a personal preference. I don't like shifting so the QC is perfect for me. Good Luck and show us what you get!

Do you listen to what ever your wife say's ???? Get forgiveness not permission... HAHA what ever you want bro is what you get. Don't settle for less than what you want, I perfer a rc cause i don't like a bunch of people with me.

EMT/SRT said:
My QC transmission shifts as hard as the day I bought it. It's really just a personal preference. I don't like shifting so the QC is perfect for me. Good Luck and show us what you get!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

EMT/SRT said:
What did you do too keep it that good....most people have bad experiences with them? Maybe b/c I got mine used? Either way after the fix it runs like a champ..

RC is the only way to go unless your buying for a daily driver.

go for the rc i had 2 rc before the one i have now even i flipped over one of them and thank god nothing happend to me loool

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back