Re-installing Supercharger pulley

PhatPharmacist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sup, I am needing to re-install my supercharger pulley for the ROE, just looking for tips and torque specs for the pulley bolt.

edit:I mean the main center bolt that has a hex head that goes into the supercharger. The whole pulley setup came off while driving, and I need to put it back on.

Thanks.

IMAG0045.jpg

Last edited:
red loctite, hand tighten bolts then put belt on the tighten up bolts. I dont think there are torque specs. Dont forget the red loctite(screw the blue):p OH THISS is a must make sure you have a tune for it:D

I never have torqued the bolts...just cross tighten.......install pulley and just snug bolts.....install belt to help hold pulley while you tighten bolts..

TNVIPER said:
I never have torqued the bolts...just cross tighten.......install pulley and just snug bolts.....install belt to help hold pulley while you tighten bolts..
JInx you owe me a coke:p look at the times. :elefant: :aetsch:

you may need to send it in. if that thing is out of balance your gonna have alot more serious problems. You ever see a s/c let loose it aint pretty.

Call Ed at PSE Superchargers. The actual pulley bolts get torqued to 10ft lbs.

blackviper said:
Call Ed at PSE Superchargers. The actual pulley bolts get torqued to 10ft lbs.
agree, the front bearings went out in mine and ed hooked me up. replaced the bearings throughout for about a grand. it definately needs checking. those are supposed to be bullitproof

eddie102870 said:
agree, the front bearings went out in mine and ed hooked me up. replaced the bearings throughout for about a grand. it definately needs checking. those are supposed to be bullitproof
Thats what I was thinking, if it came off on its own. You have something wrong going on.

DevilDawg3097 said:
Thats what I was thinking, if it came off on its own. You have something wrong going on.
that and it looks as if the big bolt came out. not the 4 small bolts that hold the pulley on.

Thanks for the info, looks like it has to come off. I'm gonna just work on taking it off then and get it sent in. I didn't install it originally, but it looks pretty straight forward to remove. I would like to get the original install instructions just to double check what i am doing beforehand, if anyone has a copy shoot me an email.

PhatPharmacist said:
Thanks for the info, looks like it has to come off. I'm gonna just work on taking it off then and get it sent in. I didn't install it originally, but it looks pretty straight forward to remove. I would like to get the original install instructions just to double check what i am doing beforehand, if anyone has a copy shoot me an email.
real simple to take off, i got to where i could do it in 30 minutes. check this out
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27351

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, got the supercharger off last night, didnt take me too long. ART in Buda is near me so Im gonna drop by there with it and have them look at, and they can help send it off too. Now my engine looks like someone stole my supercharger, lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back