READY TO GO!!!!No more belt slip!

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....I can finally say that the truck is ready to go. Dave called me VERY early this morning and was VERY excited. WE ordered a elt that was 2"'s shorted than the Paxton Gates 110" stocker. It completely eliminated that cursed belt slip that was plaguing us. Now, we see upwards of 11 lbs of boost and we still dont have the Xmetal PCM in there so we r shifting at 5600 rpms.....Off to the DYNO today for the final tune and then its BRADENTON on FRI! Wish me luck! Nitrous is tuned in for a 250 shot and the new slicks will be here today or tomorrow!

B

That's awesome, Blake. We wish you the best in getting it all together and down the track! Keep us posted.

DAAAMMMMMNNNNNIIIITTTTTT!!!!

And I won't be able to go! I was really looking forward to seeing your truck run some low 12's!! I guess I will have to settle for the video version.

Good luck!

Blake can you give me a part# for the belt, two inches sounds like alot to me, is it really hard to get on? did he start in incriments of like half in inch and finally arrived at two inches, I also have slipping, I was gonna try a shorter belt and/or a bigger idler pulley, the one right next to the the paxton,

Blake you gonna have to retune your truck after getting the X-metal PCM :dontknow:

Congrats on finally getting it up and running :)

Good for you my man.....:rock:

You got a monster now.....take the first couple of passes slowly until you get used to these big ass slicks....start at 14psi.....I assume your No2 is tuned for 2nd gear and up....

I say 10.98 at 131mph

Im running a MUCh smaller blower pulley and a larger underdrive pulley, and a 10% overdrive pulley on the ATI harmonic balancer. Also We went with all custom pulleys on the idlers and they were 70mm as opposed to 90mm's so we had alot of belt slip. Thats why a 2" smaller belt was needed. They Xmetal PCM is blank Redram....the fuel and timing is not adjusted....we are doing that with the VEC. All it is doing is incresingthe rev limiter to 6250 and turning off the TQ mgt on the tranny....and turning on the fans alot sooner. He just put the Xmetal PCM in and he's tuning now.

The NOS is on a throttle switch and on a button so Ill prolly use the button and engage after the 1-2 shift. Im probably gonna get out of it on the first run or two....depends on how she feels. How much more UNstable were these slicks as opposed to the old ones Mike?

Blakewilder said:
Will do! The AF is still a little rich 11.5-12.0 so he's re-tuning now for 12.2-12.3 and its NICE and cool OUTSIDE TOO!!!! 58 deg far.

Hope it's as cool outside on the 18th.... Your truck is going to be sick!
Congrat's.

Blake, this is great news man....now maybe you can blow up your own engine :thefinger:

JK bro....

Can't wait to see that beast on the 18th, I'm with Mike....I see high 10's in your future :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back