Rear brake pad replacement instructions

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
REAR
(1) Raise and support the vehicle.
(2) Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
(3) Compress the caliper.
(4) Remove caliper slide bolts
NOTE: Do not allow brake hose to support caliper
assembly.
(5) Remove the caliper,
(6) Remove inboard brake shoe from the caliper
adapter
(7) Remove outboard brake shoe from caliper
adapter
(8) Remove the anti-rattle springs from the caliper
adapter
NOTE: Anti-rattle springs are not interchangeable.

REAR
(1) Clean caliper mounting adapter and anti-rattle
springs.
(2) Lubricate anti-rattle springs with Mopar brake
grease.
(3) Install new anti-rattle springs.
NOTE: Anti-rattle springs are not interchangeable.
(4) Install inboard brake shoe in adapter.
(5) Install outboard brake shoe in adapter.
(6) Tilt the bottom of the caliper over rotor and
under adapter. Then push the top of the caliper down
onto the adapter.
(7) Install caliper,
(8) Install wheel and tire assemblies and lower
vehicle,
(9) Apply brakes several times to seat caliper pistons
and brake shoes and obtain firm pedal.
(10) Top off master cylinder fluid level.

Hey, is Jack paying you to do this :dontknow: :D :rock:

I could not get the rear caliper off for anything. I removed the slide bolts. I just said F it, I'll figure it out when the pads need to go.

Sometimes you need to pry the pistons back into the caliper.

In other words just behind the pad there is a piston that pushes the pad against the rotor.

Take a pry bar, or large flat head screw driver and slowly pry against the pad to push the pad back towards the caliper, which pushes the piston back and giving you space to move around the caliper.

Then lift up and back and it "should" come off, if not jus hollar bro:D

Ok Tony...

You've told us how to R&R the pads, how much is a set for the front and a set for the back

I'm asking because I haven't put it on your site yet

do you need to take the caliper off to replace just the pads on the 04's?

Yes. Just the slide bolts. Use a C-Clamp to squeeze the caliper pistons back into the calipers. Then remove the slide bolts and the caliper will fall to the floor tearing the brake hose off with it! :) Be Ready! Reverse the installation. Keep an eye on the reservoir, It may spill over if you ever added fluid.

Yes. Just the slide bolts. Use a C-Clamp to squeeze the caliper pistons back into the calipers. Then remove the slide bolts and the caliper will fall to the floor tearing the brake hose off with it! :) Be Ready! Reverse the installation. Keep an eye on the reservoir, It may spill over if you ever added fluid.

Best thing to do is open the bleeder before you push the pistons back in. This way the old nasty fluid is not sent back up to the ABS unit.

Has anyone had any issues with the rear slide pins sticking on the 04 RC's. My left rear rim has more dust on it than the right rear and the left pads are thinner.
I haven’t as far as I know but will soon be checking my brakes since I will be doing my front pads shortly as soon as I get my new Jack .
You may want to clean the calipers and lubricate the pins and mount rails , possible bleed the brakes ( flush the system with new brake fluid ) .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back