Rear calipers won't bleed

ViperPowa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read up all I could on the other brake threads but did not see any info on this problem I have.

I had to replace my master cyl because it was not letting both sides front brakes fully disengage which caused wear on the front rotors and pads. So we did a bench bleed on the new master cyl, I changed out the pads and got the rotors resurfaced. Everythig is on there correctly and on the right sides. We had no problem bleeding the front brakes but for some reason we can't get no pressure out of the rear calipers bleeders ( did no work at all on the rear brakes). There is pressure comming from both banks on the master cyl, but for some reason no pressure out of the rear calipers. When the truck is off the brake pedal feels fine after a couple pumps it feels just like it should. But after I start the truck the pedal goes all the way down to the ground.

Only thing I can think of is we have to cycle the abs, so my buddy is gonna bring up his scan tool to cycle the abs today.

Now here's my concerns:
one, shouldn't the rear brakes still have pressure comming out the bleeders even if we didn't cycle the abs? Also do I have to bleed them with the truck on or off?

Two, if I cycle the abs and still can't get pressure to bleed the rear brakes what is my next step?

Three, do I have to worry about my tune getting wiped from the scan tool?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Figured out the ramanuactured master cyl Napa gave me is faulty. Had to put my old master on and after cycling the brake test a few times we were able to finally get pressure out of the rear calipers. Gotta take back Napa's faulty cyl and ask for another one, shit at this point I'm willing to fork out allot more
for a brand new one if they can get it.

Order the master from Tony! His new one from Wilwood is the shit! Have one and love it.

Yup...I was too quick to the draw...but the clutch master is super...thanks for picking me up!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back