rear cats delete in CA

7O7SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some input from the 10 owners in CA, will the truck still pass smog with the rear cats gone?? thanks in advance!!!

:burnout:

It will pass the sniffer but if the tech looks under the truck for the visual it will fail. Also youll probley get a CEL so that will make it fail also. If you trying to pass smog and not have a hastle with having to have them put back in every couple years you can either get yourself some high flow cats or have test pipes made so you can bolt them in and out easy

It will pass the sniffer. And you will NOT get a CEL (check engine light) because the o2 sensor is before the rear cat. Most places don't even look at how many Cats are on there. But if they do or you just don't wanna hassle with it. You can buy the fake cats for like 40 bucks.

It will pass the sniffer. And you will NOT get a CEL (check engine light) because the o2 sensor is before the rear cat. Most places don't even look at how many Cats are on there. But if they do or you just don't wanna hassle with it. You can buy the fake cats for like 40 bucks.

oh yeah when i said CEL i was thinkin front + rear cats. My bad, Thanks for correcting me

I don't live in CA or nothing but, my truck has none on it. and it passed the test :)

plan B, keep a $50 on ya :D

I don't live in CA or nothing but, my truck has none on it. and it passed the test :)

plan B, keep a $50 on ya :D

In cali its keep a couple hundred on ya. $200 usually gets the job done :D not that i know anything about that or anything :rock: Oh by the way i just got my tags last month and my trucks not even driveable......;)

thanks for the info girls its much appreciated!!!;) I wanted to delate all four but I here you get ass raped if you get pulled over and the find no cats.

thanks for the info girls its much appreciated!!!;) I wanted to delate all four but I here you get ass raped if you get pulled over and the find no cats.

They look under mine every time i smog it.

On my truck, I believe there are 2 sets of O2 sensors... one set (the one that helps control engine management at idle/cruise...e.g.: light load... to keep the A/F mixture clean) is before the cats.

The second set of cats is behind them... and this is a "catalyst monitor" to make sure the catalytic converters are functioning. If the rear O2s are not reading catalyst function, then it will throw a code and the corresponding CEL.

Just my $.02.

If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time, but I believe this is standard equipment on 1996 and newer vehicles.

In cali its keep a couple hundred on ya. $200 usually gets the job done :D not that i know anything about that or anything :rock: Oh by the way i just got my tags last month and my trucks not even driveable......;)

hahahahaha!!! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back