REAR CATSS

SRT10SECONDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this weekend im planning to cut out my rear 1 cats...if i cut them out will the truck pass inspection w.o and other changes needed? also with the exhaust down any other things i should do while its off the truck really quick?

I thought you had an 05 QC?

Inspection depends on were you live, va I'm not supposed to pass...

I live in ny but there Is no sensor after the rear cats so I should be good?

I wouldn't think so :dontknow:

wouldnt thinmk so meaning i can take them out with no problem or there will be?

You remove them, I'm pretty sure you will fail emissions.

NY just reads the computer and there are no 02's after it so computer wont ever know they are gone as far as i know.

They don't have the sensor they shove up the tailpipe? No visual of the underside with a mirror? Whats the point of emissions then?

I just had mine inspected last week and it passes with only two cats.....in tenn they want to see cats..or to most people something round...

ive seen guys take cats cut them in half, hollow them out, and then reweld the empty shell around the pipe to pass a visual. As far as the rest goes, never had to do an emissions test myself.

They were stricter down here when they had it.
I remember going back several times to get my 93 Mustang to pass.

Had to put the cats back on and play with the timing.

my buddy had a hell of a time with his camaro, headers & loudmouth pipes. if i ever have to im just going to go on post and have the do it yourself shop inspect my truck. they will sometimes sign off without even looking as long as your ride isnt a POS.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back