Rear Diff Bolts

Muzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the fluid in my rear diff (RP 75w-90) and could not stand the site of the corrosion on the rear differential cover bolts. I ordered a set from Summit Racing to replace them. In case anyone wants some, here is the info:

Summit Part Number: ARP-613-0750
ARP Part Number: 613-0750

These are 12-Point Head, Stainless 300, Polished, 3/8 in.-16 RH Thread, .750 in. UHL. They are rated for 170,000 PSI (better than grade 8). You will need two packs since they come 5 in each.

Rear_Diff_Bolts.jpg

Rear_diff_ARP_web.jpg

-Muzzy

thanks for the info,will change mine out with the gear change..i think i will have the cover powdercoated too!

No that's paying attention to detail, looks 100% better than the stock rusted ones!!! :rock: :rock:

Might should take advantage of the opportunity and have Justin put some powder coat on that cover next time around...that would look badass...

I was just looking at those rusted bolts last week when my truck was on the rack....I was wondering where I could find these...thanks for the info..:elefant:

I think folks need to read the entire thread. There's a TON of great info in there; namely from Silverback.

- Post #10 talks about the smaller size flange on the ARP bolts (compared to the OEM ones).
- Post #25 has some comparison pics.
- Post #27 has the installed pics.

ARP makes fine stuff, but for my ride I went as close to OEM as possible without all the corrosion.
18 months later and they look like new.

For the QC guys, get a Mag-Hytec or PML pan.

Kevan said:
I think folks need to read the entire thread. There's a TON of great info in there; namely from Silverback.

- Post #10 talks about the smaller size flange on the ARP bolts (compared to the OEM ones).
- Post #25 has some comparison pics.
- Post #27 has the installed pics.

ARP makes fine stuff, but for my ride I went as close to OEM as possible without all the corrosion.
18 months later and they look like new.

I did read the thread and there is good info in it. I appreciate the work you put forth in selecting the bolts that you did. I did some research of my own and selected the ARP fasteners that I have listed. I have an ARP catalog since I have bought fasteners on many occasions that aren't listed for a particular application (I have also spoke to the ARP techs on many occasions looking for a unique fastener for a particular application). The bolts that I spec'd for the rear differential are not headers bolts. They do have a larger head and flange on them. Their strength far exceeds the OEM fasteners and they are stainless. I was looking for something nice that was not going to corrode.

Also, I used blue Loctite on mine. My factory bolts had a locking compound on them.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back