rear end

People always say that but has anyone actually snapped a rear end? If so what were the details? How many passes did they have on the slicks? Hp? Tq? Mods? Mileage?

Slicks and rear ends get along just fine at near stock power, hell look at my vids I dump the clutch at 4500+. Trainman has been launching his hard for years as well. Neither one of us has had a catastrapofic failure, but we have had to replace bearings, carrier, and clutch packs.

Fatjack has grenaded several rears on slicks

Ok I've been through hundreds of passes on slicks without even a whine. A Quad Cab!!!:rock:

I dont know what it takes to break one but im gonna try and find out lol Im not upgrading any drive train parts til they break :rock:

I was told our rearends are good to 900rwhp. With drag radials I bent a axle and broke some spider gears. I only put about 20 passes with the DR's. That's when I quit drag racing and went road racing.

Just a heads up, usually a slick will have less stress on the drive train. The more side wall, the better. The sidewalls take the hit off the line instead of the drive train.

HV, you may have hurt your rear end but at least you are racing it. Very nice sir.

edit* I noticed you have a blower. What kind of times have you ran? VERY little time slip info on blown RC's. Just seeing what mph people are getting out of them on the big end.

I was told our rearends are good to 900rwhp. With drag radials I bent a axle and broke some spider gears. I only put about 20 passes with the DR's. That's when I quit drag racing and went road racing.

Thanks for the input. I also broke my spide gears with only 515 ft pounds tq On DRs. So when I got the new ones I got mine hardened also put in new clutch pack and new ring and pinion. Im hoping itll last a good while.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back