Rear shackles for RC's?

jbilledeaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to lower the rear of my RC, and I really didn't want to put blocks. Anybody have any info that could help?

might be the only way. rear shackles don't have much to work with on the RC.

pm Stinker???

i considered this when i lowered my rc, but it doesn't work that well i don't think..... i went ahead and had the springs de-arched the 3" i wanted & love it. :D

Attachments

• DSCN1856.JPG
    DSCN1856.JPG
    862.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    864.3 KB · Views: 51
I was looking at doin a 2" drop on the rear with shackles now, and later doin a 2 on the front with 2 blocks on the rear, but if it's the only way I guess I'll have to live with it, I really didnt want to have to shim the rear:dontknow:

Shackles don't work on the RC. They hit the frame. The best way to lower/level the RC is to put in some blocks and bigger U-bolts. Stinker has the goods.

Can't go wrong with the blocks on an R/C Billydouche !! Damn I been waiting for months to use that....

FATJACK said:
Can't go wrong with the blocks on an R/C Billydouche !! Damn I been waiting for months to use that....

u just a mean angry ol man :rock:

FATJACK said:
Es Ok, I've been called alot worst. I got a PM from Stinker,and he said the same thing, I guess I'll go with blocks now. At least I didn't waste 100 bucks:D

well for all oif yall to know DJM shackles won't work with the Rc's but there is a company that makes shackles that do work with our trucks....anyway do the blocks is easier and i didn't have to shim mine at all.. your in ftworth right? hell you could come down here and we'll put them in

Tooloe said:
well for all oif yall to know DJM shackles won't work with the Rc's but there is a company that makes shackles that do work with our trucks....anyway do the blocks is easier and i didn't have to shim mine at all.. your in ftworth right? hell you could come down here and we'll put them in
I just PM'd Stinker again to see if 2.5 blocks would look alright with the front end still stock? What do you think?

2.5 " might be a bit much.... this is a pic with 1" block. a very slight rake (this is how i like it though):D

Attachments

• sanch.jpg
    sanch.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
SANCHOBA said:
2.5 " might be a bit much.... this is a pic with 1" block. a very slight rake (this is how i like it though):D
What PIc???:dontknow:

moparracing said:
i considered this when i lowered my rc, but it doesn't work that well i don't think..... i went ahead and had the springs de-arched the 3" i wanted & love it. :D
i believe that this is the only and correct way to lower an rc this is what myself fastjack and i believe justin might be doin it too..but justin is having our springs dearched and then the saddles welded to get proper pinion angle

SANCHOBA said:
another half inch and it would be level (measuring to the top of the wheel wells)

I just mesured from the ground to the fender the front is 34.5" and the rear is 36.5" so I guess a 2" would work for now?:dontknow:

1.75" to 2" usually does the job at leveling out the truck nicely.

SilvrSRT10 said:
1.75" to 2" usually does the job at leveling out the truck nicely.
I believe thats what I'll do then, I'll post pics when done, now it's time to talk to stinker again. Thanks for all the info!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back