rear spoiler

get ready to pay a good amount..... my wing was stolen off my truck and i got 2,000 dollars for it lol thats how much they cost at the dealership

Tooloe said:
get ready to pay a good amount..... my wing was stolen off my truck and i got 2,000 dollars for it lol thats how much they cost at the dealership

Dammmmmmm! I'm going to remove mine now! lol

Where is that Ins. Co. number anyway?

this sounds like a scam someone on here would pull..no names..hahaha

bed cover dimensions are a little narrower like in the 64 inch range is there an after market kit ?

carmine said:
bed cover dimensions are a little narrower like in the 64 inch range is there an after market kit ?

People have tried different things.... Some chopped theirs up (cut a piece out of the middle), but it doesn't work too well. It will always crack.

If you want to use a OEM wing, your best bet (in my opinion) would be to modify the cover itself. :dontknow:

Black1 said:
People have tried different things.... Some chopped theirs up (cut a piece out of the middle), but it doesn't work too well. It will always crack.

If you want to use a OEM wing, your best bet (in my opinion) would be to modify the cover itself. :dontknow:
Thats sounds like great advice Jake.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Maybe someone can confirm this (I don't have the truck anymore :( )..... But, I believe the 05-06 wing is narrower. It was designed to fit on the mopar bed cover. Maybe this style would work better. :dontknow:

Here is a link to a OEM 05-06 wing for $699:

LINK

srt10w4.jpg

Black1 said:
Maybe someone can confirm this (I don't have the truck anymore :( )..... But, I believe the 05-06 wing is narrower. It was designed to fit on the mopar bed cover. Maybe this style would work better. :dontknow:

Here is a link to a OEM 05-06 wing for $699:

http://bigboys-customtoys.com/store/addcart.asp?prodid={419FA2BD-B310-4005-B785-A33E87FAC284}

srt10w4.jpg
You are right Jake the wing for the factory bed cover is narrower.:rock:

Brat said:
You are right Jake the wing for the factory bed cover is narrower.:rock:

Cool.... It might still require some modification tho. The center stantion isn't as long as the outside ones. This is because the OEM bedcover has a little radius to it (bows up in the middle of the cover). He might have to make the center one a little longer to fit his cover, as most aftermarket covers I've seen are more flat. :confused: Here's a rear view... you can kinda see what I'm talking about:

124200785137PM16451.jpg

I still think it would be a better option than a 04-05 wing tho.... I think it's a better looking design too. :eek:

Black1 said:
Cool.... It might still require some modification tho. The center stantion isn't as long as the outside ones. This is because the OEM bedcover has a little radius to it (bows up in the middle of the cover). He might have to make the center one a little longer to fit his cover, as most aftermarket covers I've seen are more flat. :confused: Here's a rear view... you can kinda see what I'm talking about:

124200785137PM16451.jpg

I still think it would be a better option than a 04-05 wing tho.... I think it's a better looking design too. :eek:
Just went and checked mine and all the sections are the same,so he should not have a problem.:rock:

Would anyone be able to tell me the overall width of theirs (OEM wing for MOPAR tonneau cover)? My Leer 700 is narrower by two inches, so this wing would need to be 66" wide (stock wing is 68"). I checked with Big Boys and they could not give me a measurement, I'm guessing they have them drop shipped to their customers.

well it will crack n the long run if you cut it and make it fit

those wings sure to move alot goin down the road:confused:

but ditch the wing useless wings are for RICERS anyway :D

I tried for a few weeks, but it just looks like it is missing something.

That is why I was curious about the width of the tonneau wing because it says it is narrower than than the original wing.

I have Mutts old bed cover and wing. I took it to my body shop and had them 'redo' it. The cut a V shape in the center bottom of the wing and pumped epoxy in it.

enforcer17 said:
I tried for a few weeks, but it just looks like it is missing something.

That is why I was curious about the width of the tonneau wing because it says it is narrower than than the original wing.

have you looked into the gaylords covers? the one with the spoiler built in? i seena black 10 everyonce and a while running around and it looks way better than the wing IMO :rock:

Already have the Leer since I had a very good experience with it on my F-250. But I do like that style of spoiler, was considering having one made from fiberglass molded onto the cap, not many in my area who are willing to tackle that kind of job who have any experience.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back