Rear window problems

coachv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke the driver side rear window. You can't replace just one side. Now I am having problems finding a rear window. Nobody in my area wants to do the job. LMC and Truckglass warehouse has the window and ready to ship but I can't find any info on installation. Anyone know where to point me?

All body shops should do it too for $60-90 per door. You can buy just the glass for one side. Ask any bodyshop for part numbers. You can buy the part from them and install yourself too! Its a fairly easy job for DIY too

It's the rear window on the driver side. It is a 3 piece sliding rear. I was told that the whole rear needs to be replaced and they are very hard to take out and install. No one in my area wants to do the job. I guess I should have made it a little more clear as to which window it was. I can't find any Manuel's or DIY info.

I assumed you were talking about the back slider, as was I.
I don't see how it could be that difficult to install but I'm not a glass man.
Not sure if you use the slider often but you can replace it with a solid back glass.

Oh shit. It was clear, i read it wrong. Thought you were talking about a QC. The three piece rear is a bitch to replaced and is prone to leaking if done incorrectly. Not a DIY at all. Id still call around to a few body shops or glass shops to have it done. Has to be purchased whole. I think the like MJD said... the single rears look better. Cleaner imo. Cheaper too.

Oh shit. It was clear, i read it wrong. Thought you were talking about a QC. The three piece rear is a bitch to replaced and is prone to leaking if done incorrectly. Not a DIY at all. Id still call around to a few body shops or glass shops to have it done. Has to be purchased whole. I think the like MJD said... the single rears look better. Cleaner imo. Cheaper too.

I have a QC and it has a factory installed sliding rear window.:chain:

I thought you were talking about a QC too...

I would take it to a shop and get a solid, they look very clean...

Or if you wanted to have some fun, they do sell power rear window conversions....

That's not bad at all.... I was quoted over 1k here, for 7 I would do it in a hear beat.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back