REBUILD TIME!!!...Pics enclosed

jsandlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just minding my own business on the freeway a few weeks ago and heard and weird noise coming from the engine (more like a tapping sound). I immediately pulled over and had a flatbed tow me to my house. I pulled the engine and found this......(pictures below)

I know its missing 2 cylinders, but for a mini van (trailblazer ss) its moved out pretty good before all of this.

On the last picture with the face of the piston, The carbon wear is completely different than all other pistons. You can also see where it looks like the valve hit the piston head. On the others the carbon completely covers the face. Not sure if this is significant but it seemed a bit odd to me. This was cylinder #6 BTW (common failure on these due to oil starvation).

20130117_190128_zps1ef30742.jpg

20130117_185959_zps7ef4127b.jpg

20130117_190550_zps8bb7c4e4.jpg

What are the plans for the rebuild? Don't say stock either! :D

the valve did definately hit the piston. there was alot of slop in the spun bearing for it to hit the valve! Have fun with the build!!! they are always fun!!

the valve did definately hit the piston. there was alot of slop in the spun bearing for it to hit the valve! Have fun with the build!!! they are always fun!!

Yeah I just hope my heads are ok. I can only work on it a few hours a night before I start to feel like Im doing work haha. Maybe putting the new engine in will be better since I will be anxious to start her up!

What are the plans for the rebuild? Don't say stock either! :D

Putting in an ERL 408 stroker and a 200 shot. Should be a beast :rock:

VIDEO of me VS SRT10 regular Cab. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82xKCKTYjDo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82xKCKTYjDo[/ame]

Last edited:
was that justin ?

Yeah it was Justin VS Justin. Fortunately he missed a gear. It was VERY hot that night and not good for racing hence the times. I think I have one on Venomous1 as well bwahahahahahaha

Should be a beast is right! This goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Keep us updated. :rock:

I appreciate it. I know its a chevy, but hey my RC just didnt have enough seats :dontknow: and I had to do what was best. I still miss my RC sometimes when I see one and I still hang around the VTCOA...hell I even took my minivan to Panama City!!!

I appreciate it. I know its a chevy, but hey my RC just didnt have enough seats :dontknow: and I had to do what was best. I still miss my RC sometimes when I see one and I still hang around the VTCOA...hell I even took my minivan to Panama City!!!

I might as well confess that I love LSx powered vehicles too. I was rocking an 04 GTO before my 1st 10. Anything that you can put a good heads and cam package on and gain 150+ hp is ok in my book.

looks like a grudge match Justin VS Justin! Ill even give you your home track little river.

looks like a grudge match Justin VS Justin! Ill even give you your home track little river.

That'd be nice, cause I didn't get home till 630am that next morning after someone decided to scatter u joints all over the starting line.....

Dang it, I can't leave y'all alone without bringing me out in the mix :)
Roller bearings scattered over a starting line? Must have been another Black Bertha QC.

Sanskin- aka "minivan". You'd better start with racing my QC before messing with ArrestmeRed. I got ya covered :chain:

I might as well confess that I love LSx powered vehicles too. I was rocking an 04 GTO before my 1st 10. Anything that you can put a good heads and cam package on and gain 150+ hp is ok in my book.

Thoes LX motors are BADASS!!...Dollar for dollar there hard to beat..I have an amc pacer that has been on the back burner for quite some time now....its either guna be a TT lx motor or a nasty indy headed wedge.....

Thoes LX motors are BADASS!!...Dollar for dollar there hard to beat..I have an amc pacer that has been on the back burner for quite some time now....its either guna be a TT lx motor or a nasty indy headed wedge.....

Why not a new hemi? They're really pretty stout, and getting pretty cheap now

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back