Rebuilt engine done

CarolinaSRT10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrow just finished my engine rebuild (stock) and the dyno numbers were 524 hp and 560 ft/lb torque. Woo-Hoo......it won't be long now......knock wood......till I'm back in the saddle again.

Thing is......I called Arrow to price out a performance cam, but they already had the engine back togather and it just came off the dyno. Guess I saved some money.

5600 miles and it broke a lifter keeper. Knocking around in there like crazy.
Just like racing.........it ran the best right before she blew.

congrats! how'd you get so much power from a stock motor?

CarolinaSRT10 said:
Arrow just finished my engine rebuild (stock) and the dyno numbers were 524 hp and 560 ft/lb torque. Woo-Hoo......it won't be long now......knock wood......till I'm back in the saddle again.

Thing is......I called Arrow to price out a performance cam, but they already had the engine back togather and it just came off the dyno. Guess I saved some money.

AWD,
I figure the 510 HP rating from the factory was conservative, and mine is probably like everyone elses.:dontknow:

That was a bench dyno, not with the motor in the truck. It would be REALLY interesting to see a chassis dyno once you get it done and see exactly how much loss we get through the drivetrain.

Joe

Post up your Dyno sheets...I don't believe you!;)

Congrats Brother!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

I have e-mailed Arrow for the dyno numbers. And also asked if this was typical or not. I wonder if the factory HP rating is conservative. I'll post up the numbers when Arrow sends them to me.

Lee

Scrambler1 said:
That was a bench dyno, not with the motor in the truck. It would be REALLY interesting to see a chassis dyno once you get it done and see exactly how much loss we get through the drivetrain.

Joe

That would be VERY interesting... :)

Black1,

I wouldn't mind knowing what I put to the rear wheels, as well. Would be interesting.

Nowwhat,

A guy named Todd answered my one phone call to them. As soon as heard where the engine came from, he knew it just came off the dyno, and he had the numbers handy. Seemed to know what was going on.
Unfortunately............I didn't call in time to request anything extra be done to my engine............like a cam at least.

Arrow does great work. I have worked with them since 1993. They have a impressive machine shop and 5 engine dyno rooms.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back