Recent purchase help

I didn't pay cash. They added a 10k dealer Mark up on top of it too so I basically paid out the ass!! But there were only three anywhere local and i wanted one!
Hence the name STEALERSHIPS ! Damn conmen .. you got what you wanted and gave a good home for the Queen ! Pampered and taken care of ..

The jerks wouldn't even allow me to test drive it!
That would have made me pissed off ! Did they drive it and let you ride in the front seat at least ? The jerks are idiots to not let someone test drive any vehicles.. That’s the main part of selling anything .. I was looking at one that was a silver QC and I test drove it .. something wasn’t right about the way it ran ,, didn’t seem to have the power I expected at all ,, more like a dog in heat .. I asked for a car fax and if there were any maintenance records .. the guy said he will get it and never did .. they didn’t get a sale that’s for sure .. something was wrong all the way around with that dealer and the truck .

That would have made me pissed off ! Did they drive it and let you ride in the front seat at least ? The jerks are idiots to not let someone test drive any vehicles.. That’s the main part of selling anything .. I was looking at one that was a silver QC and I test drove it .. something wasn’t right about the way it ran ,, didn’t seem to have the power I expected at all ,, more like a dog in heat .. I asked for a car fax and if there were any maintenance records .. the guy said he will get it and never did .. they didn’t get a sale that’s for sure .. something was wrong all the way around with that dealer and the truck .
Nope I don't think the owner allowed the Salespeople to drive them either. Small town stealership back then

Nope I don't think the owner allowed the Salespeople to drive them either. Small town stealership back then
Are they still in business hahaha !

Are they still in business hahaha !
Yes but I'm not sure how or why! I will never step foot in their facility ever again. After i got the Queen took her in for an oil change and the super jerks were gonna put way too much in - seems like it was 10qt!!! And in top of that they had her up in their rack and it wasn't wide enough for her big feet and she left with small cuts in her sidewalls near the tread!!!! Took her back over there to complain and they got belligerent about it all and offered to have a the po po come over! Cost me a grand for two new tires. I've been pissed ever since. There is a good dealer farther away that did her bags

Yes but I'm not sure how or why! I will never step foot in their facility ever again. After i got the Queen took her in for an oil change and the super jerks were gonna put way too much in - seems like it was 10qt!!! And in top of that they had her up in their rack and it wasn't wide enough for her big feet and she left with small cuts in her sidewalls near the tread!!!! Took her back over there to complain and they got belligerent about it all and offered to have a the po po come over! Cost me a grand for two new tires. I've been pissed ever since. There is a good dealer farther away that did her bags
Wow! Doesn’t the SC’s call for 8.5 quarts in the manual? Maybe they put the Queen on the rack to stretch her into a QC hahaha ! Sounds to me they were attempting a rip off .. Bastages should have giving you new tires .. Glad there’s another place you can take it .. They lost a customer and makes them worthless .. Word of mouth can make or break a business.. they need to be broken !

Ya I have no idea where they got there capacity from but I'm glad I'm a hover mom! :eek::p

Ya I have no idea where they got there capacity from but I'm glad I'm a hover mom! :eek::p
Yeah the oil capacity has always been a question as to how much .. especially on the QC’s .. Claim s 10.5 quarts and others say not ! Ronnie i believe you s on the not side and has posted about the QC’s and reasons why .. they seem valid .. I’m just a hard head to convince without actually seeing with my own eyes so I continue using 10.5 and gauging using the Dip Stick .. I haven’t ever had a problem as far as I know . Well except when it was newer and I was using the 0w-40 Mobil-1 factory recommended. And would loose around 1 1/2 quarts between oil changes ( every 5k ). I tried the royal purple 0w-40 in think it was and it was the same with oil loss but actually the truck felt a little stronger or reactive on the throttle .. ever since I started using the Mobil-1 15w-50 and the oil loss between changes was less that a quart and still is .
I’m also a firm believer in the designated oil numbers meaning the range to use the oil based on the climate you live in .. temperature ranges make a difference . That may still be the same as the Dino oil days but I haven’t research the advancements in the synthetic or todays oils .. I’m old school and if it ain’t broke don’t phuc with it hahaha

Yeah the oil capacity has always been a question as to how much .. especially on the QC’s .. Claim s 10.5 quarts and others say not ! Ronnie i believe you s on the not side and has posted about the QC’s and reasons why .. they seem valid .. I’m just a hard head to convince without actually seeing with my own eyes so I continue using 10.5 and gauging using the Dip Stick .. I haven’t ever had a problem as far as I know . Well except when it was newer and I was using the 0w-40 Mobil-1 factory recommended. And would loose around 1 1/2 quarts between oil changes ( every 5k ). I tried the royal purple 0w-40 in think it was and it was the same with oil loss but actually the truck felt a little stronger or reactive on the throttle .. ever since I started using the Mobil-1 15w-50 and the oil loss between changes was less that a quart and still is .
I’m also a firm believer in the designated oil numbers meaning the range to use the oil based on the climate you live in .. temperature ranges make a difference . That may still be the same as the Dino oil days but I haven’t research the advancements in the synthetic or todays oils .. I’m old school and if it ain’t broke don’t phuc with it hahaha
I use mobil 1 synthetic 10/30

What would the difference in capacity be between RC and QC? I thought appx 8.5 was the capacity. Lol lol

Hey I could start yet ANOTHER Oil thread!!!? Bwahahaha!!! :eek: o_O:p

I use mobil 1 synthetic 10/30

What would the difference in capacity be between RC and QC? I thought appx 8.5 was the capacity. Lol lol

Hey I could start yet ANOTHER Oil thread!!!? Bwahahaha!!! :eek: o_O:p
Hahaha there have been many threads over the years hahaha ! The thing is nothing has been solved hahaha 100% . Never will be either ….
That’s what my memory tells me the SC’s held 8.5 quarts and 10.5 for the QC’s ….. why the difference is the question .. Was something done to the motor or oil pan made deeper on the QC-‘s .. I have no idea ,, ANYONE ????

Hahaha there have been many threads over the years hahaha ! The thing is nothing has been solved hahaha 100% . Never will be either ….
That’s what my memory tells me the SC’s held 8.5 quarts and 10.5 for the QC’s ….. why the difference is the question .. Was something done to the motor or oil pan made deeper on the QC-‘s .. I have no idea ,, ANYONE ????
Well could be since they are rated for towing but other than that it makes zero sense to me!! I think Ronnie quit on us!

I'm pretty sure my service manual says 8 -

I'm pretty sure my service manual says 8 -
Don’t know where mine is .. so no idea what it says anymore and the maintenance cd I had went to crap when my laptop broke .. I’ll have to find the disc and see if it will work on my newer laptop..

Paid 10,500 it has 185,000 miles.
That’s a lot of miles , might be a record for a 10 …
What do you know about the condition , engine , trans etc ?
Post up some pics of everything .. any mods come with it ? What small things have you been doing ?

Back