Recommendations for exhaust bung installers

Tekhaus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for who to look for my area to get another O2 bung welded into my exhaust? It's stainless (so's the bung) and the local meinekie and 2 other exhaust shops said they don't tig and can't do stainless welding on their mig setups. Not going to talk them into it, either, if they dont think they can do it, they'd probably do a crappy job if they tried.

I am just north of new york city.

I think there is a custom exhaust shop in NJ that's done work for one or two members here, but I didn't find it when I did a search.

I'm a stones throw from chuck tator, but not sure if that's up his alley. I suspect not.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

Tekhaus said:
Does anyone have recommendations for who to look for my area to get another O2 bung welded into my exhaust? It's stainless (so's the bung) and the local meinekie and 2 other exhaust shops said they don't tig and can't do stainless welding on their mig setups. Not going to talk them into it, either, if they dont think they can do it, they'd probably do a crappy job if they tried.

I am just north of new york city.

I think there is a custom exhaust shop in NJ that's done work for one or two members here, but I didn't find it when I did a search.

I'm a stones throw from chuck tator, but not sure if that's up his alley. I suspect not.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

316L(SS) wire for the Mig is about $150.00 for a 10lb spool, that is the biggest reason. Welding SS is as easy as welding mild steel with a Mig period.
You DO NOT need a TIG Welder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone that welds mild steel can do a good job with a MIG on SS
If you were close I could do it in no time at all :D :D :D

Thanks guys. I guess I never realized there were places that just did welding. Yellow pages here I come.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back